Wiki Posts
Search

companion ticket expiring, need to book

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, National Executive, Alaska MVP
companion ticket expiring, need to book

My companion ticket expires in a few days. We're planning a trip to Cabo but unsure if the dates would work at this time. If I book the ticket using the companion ticket at H fares, can it be changed with no fees before the travel date?
Old May 20, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Look up companion fare faq, it's a thread in this forum. I don't remember the exact rules, but I think if you get a changeable fare, you can change. The faq thread has a lot of details about what's allowed.
Old May 20, 2015, 3:18 pm

All fares can be changed by anyone up to 60 days prior to departure without a fee. 75K/MVPG can change at anytime without a fee; all others flying on a non refundable fare will be charged $125 to change inside of 60 days.
Old May 24, 2015, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Does that mean if I book my ticket a year out to retain my cert and if we decide to go in 2 weeks, we can without fees or does the new trip have to be 60 days out as well?
Old May 24, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by dannieboiz
Does that mean if I book my ticket a year out to retain my cert and if we decide to go in 2 weeks, we can without fees or does the new trip have to be 60 days out as well?
You list in your FT progams that you are MVPG so there should be no fee for you regardless based on the info in the previous post.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skimthetrees
You list in your FT progams that you are MVPG so there should be no fee for you regardless based on the info in the previous post.
Actually i lost my status at the end of the year. Havent had time to change it. But on top of that this companion ticket is on the wife's account who never had status
Old May 24, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Remember that this is just the change fees. You'l also have to pay any fare different there may be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.