Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

MVP newbie here - Weird thing - will I be charged?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

I gained MVP status in March and am now trying to see what I can milk it for.

So this past Thursday night at 10:01 pm sharp I went online and moved my Friday night flight up 10 hours to the 8:35am departure SEA-LAS. Got a seat in the exit row, aisle. Filled out the info to pay the $25 fee with my credit card and got the confirmation message and boarding pass with new flight and seat #. But …. They have not yet charged my credit card. Which is weird.

- Did I not get charged because I’m MVP? (But benefits chart shows that fee waiver for Gold and above only)
- Or maybe just a momentary glitch and they will submit the charge at some point? It's now three days later and nothing on my card.
- I figure if the card info was typed in wrong they would have not allowed the transaction.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by Rasbobbo
I gained MVP status in March and am now trying to see what I can milk it for.

So this past Thursday night at 10:01 pm sharp I went online and moved my Friday night flight up 10 hours to the 8:35am departure SEA-LAS. Got a seat in the exit row, aisle. Filled out the info to pay the $25 fee with my credit card and got the confirmation message and boarding pass with new flight and seat #. But …. They have not yet charged my credit card. Which is weird.

- Did I not get charged because I’m MVP? (But benefits chart shows that fee waiver for Gold and above only)
- Or maybe just a momentary glitch and they will submit the charge at some point? It's now three days later and nothing on my card.
- I figure if the card info was typed in wrong they would have not allowed the transaction.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

If it solicited payment, yet failed to charge you, it sounds like it could be a web failure. You can always call in to troubleshoot this.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:29 pm
Formerly known as stellertony

Programs: UA Gold, DL Gold, NEXUS, APEC
My guess is it’ll probably show up on your card in the next couple of days.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Haha - Yeah, I'll call and demand an explanation! :-)
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Charge finally showed up on my card yesterday. And here I thought I'd gotten away with 25 bucks! Does seem strange that it took four or five days.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:30 pm

I think that is waived for MVP Gold and above

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.