Search

Two AS 737's at FLL?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Two AS 737's at FLL?

I'm on flight 35 right now FLL-SEA. I Fly this route often for work, and as many of you know it's a once daily that leaves SEA at 8:40am and returns the same day leaving FLL at 6:30pm.

I was surprised to look out the window and see another AS 737 at the gate next door. Anyone know what it was doing at FLL or if they're going to start more than once a day flight?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
Looks like one of them came and went from GSO:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...900Z/KGSO/KFLL
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...345Z/KFLL/KGSO
Old Feb 4, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
ha.. Im in 1A on 35 right now too!

the flight attendant said there was a mechanical and that our plane was meant to ferry out of heavy mtc but instead went to FLL instead...
Old Feb 4, 2015, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec

the flight attendant said there was a mechanical and that our plane was meant to ferry out of heavy mtc but instead went to FLL instead...
Looks like a downgauge too

Glad there was an a/c relatively close by ^
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Lol just saw this. I'm in Y back here with the peons in 7C.

What is "ferry out of heavy mtc?" Our plane that was suppose to take us broke and they flew one in from GSO? Also what was an AS plane doing in GSO? Sorry not clear on the lingo.

Last edited by Edgerfly; Feb 4, 2015 at 10:37 pm
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:39 pm

Just going off what the tall blonde FA mentioned.. figured Id wait to hear what a friend tells me later (shes in dispatch).

How did you end up in Y? the guy next to me was cleared as an UG and is only gold..

(btw Im the fat blonde dude with a St Barths shirt on & adidas visor in flip flops..)
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Just going off what the tall blonde FA mentioned.. figured Id wait to hear what a friend tells me later (shes in dispatch).

How did you end up in Y? the guy next to me was cleared as an UG and is only gold..

(btw Im the fat blonde dude with a St Barths shirt on & adidas visor in flip flops..)
I was wondering how he ended up in Y too....that is one flight I would NOT want to do in Y....especially a 75K....yikes...is it just me or does it seem like the 75Ks report FEWER upgrades than Golds?? I'm 100% as MVPG (*knock on wood*) but I see report after report (including this one) of 75Ks sitting in the back....maybe it pays to stay Gold
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Sorry a guys last minute mileage ticket. No UG...

For what it's worth i didn't get upgraded on a revenue ticket on the way down and was #4.

UA... I can see you from back here. Enjoy save me a chocolate.

Last edited by Edgerfly; Feb 4, 2015 at 11:08 pm
Old Feb 4, 2015, 11:58 pm

Heavy maintenance is performed in GSO and the planes are rotated through FLL and TPA to get to GSO. They used to be rotated through ATL, not sure if they still rotate them through there or not. SO, many times the plane you bring in to FLL or TPA will then fly to GSO and there will be another plane waiting their to take the return passengers back to SEA.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Sorry a guys last minute mileage ticket. No UG...

For what it's worth i didn't get upgraded on a revenue ticket on the way down and was #4.

UA... I can see you from back here. Enjoy save me a chocolate.
Actually we never got chocolates... it was the roasted chicken with polenta (... is up .. anyway) or the salmon bits in mac n cheese, followed up with some cheese cake.

FA even served some of the pax with the veggies still in the foil tins.. >_<
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:14 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Lol just saw this. I'm in Y back here with the peons in 7C.

What is "ferry out of heavy mtc?" Our plane that was suppose to take us broke and they flew one in from GSO? Also what was an AS plane doing in GSO? Sorry not clear on the lingo.
I think there is a Boeing 737 Maintenance facility in GSO or a certifield 737 facility . Same reason AS 737s cycle through OKC

Last edited by ANC; Feb 5, 2015 at 4:34 pm
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by ANC
I think there is a Boeing 737 Maintenance facility in GSO or a certifield 737 facility . Same reason AS 737s cycle through OKC
It's a company called HAECO (the same company that does cabin refurbishments in Singapore).

I was in GSO back in November and saw two AS 737s leave within an hour of each other. It was strange seeing Chester in central North Carolina.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Maybe a SEA-GSO would be in order soon?

Nice meeting you UAPrem, hope you made it safe back to Juneau.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.