Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska miles on partner codeshares

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG75K
Alaska miles on partner codeshares

I am in the process of putting together a trip to Europe where I want all the EQM's credited to Alaska even though all flights would be on airline partners or partner codeshares. The main airlines that work for my itinerary are American, Delta, Air France, and KLM. The problem I am seeing is almost every itinerary is a combination of partner flights and codeshare flights.

On the Alaska website, every one of those partners has a phrase similar to "Your flight must be marketed and operated by XXX airline" to earn credit on Alaska. Is there a way to get credit on the codeshare flights?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 3:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
There's no guarantee, but I have always gotten credit if I email boarding passes (DL as KL). Your mileage may vary.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
The whole partner codeshare thing is risky in my opinion cause it always seems like you're on the wrong fare code or it's not marketed by the right airline. I would do the best you can but don't plan on getting your miles without some legwork (emails, phone calls, etc.) to get them...it likely won't happen automatically. With that said, that's why I tend to use miles (rather than $$) for big international trips if at all possible and my mileage running to AS metal.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Plat
I also have gotten credit when I send in my boarding passes. Keep in mind that if you are flying in Y the earning rate on DL is now less 100% in many fare classes.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
A new codeshare to wreak havoc on AS earning on DFW-ICN

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...r-dfw-icn.html
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:56 pm

Programs: United Lifetime Plat 2 million, Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75k
Quick question.

I need to fly from HNL to SYD. JetStar, a division of Qantas, has a decent fare that says it accrues miles on Qantas. I can't find a QF flight number but it is JetStar flight 4.

Anyone have any idea if this will be credited to my AS account?

Thanks for any insight.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mil...rs/qantas.aspx

To qualify for mileage accrual, please note that your flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below and your flight must be marketed and operated by Qantas.
JQ flights are neither marketed by nor operated by QF. No AS miles. The way people get around the typical restrictions are by getting boarding passes on the paper of the operating airline and mailing them into AS. As long as nobody notices that your ticket number doesn't match the airline that issued the boarding pass you're good. That won't happen on a JQ operated AND marketed flight, you'll get a JQ boarding pass with a JQ ticket number.

If you want miles for that flight, accrue to QF... I don't know if QF flights accrue to other OW partners of QF, like AA...
Old Feb 8, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: United Lifetime Plat 2 million, Starwood Platinum, Alaska MVP Gold 75k
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward

JQ flights are neither marketed by nor operated by QF. No AS miles.
Thanks. Really helpful. I'm going to fly Fiji Airlines instead.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
I'm looking at a flight HNL-PDX marketed as KE7881 (operated by HA). Now, the flight number *does* fall within the flight number range (6000-7999) on Alaska's KE partner website. But it's not marketed and operated by KE. What say you: AS miles eligible or not?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ptpinit
I'm looking at a flight HNL-PDX marketed as KE7881 (operated by HA). Now, the flight number *does* fall within the flight number range (6000-7999) on Alaska's KE partner website. But it's not marketed and operated by KE. What say you: AS miles eligible or not?
I'd say not...
Old Mar 25, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
AS flight, DL coded, TUS-SEA.

DL fare class is Q. When I pull the flight up on AlaskaAir it shows as "L" for the fare class.

Does AS "map" fare classes from DL over to AS? And if it's AS metal, will it be 100% miles? Or because it's connecting to DL and booked as codeshare, will it be at the reduced DL earnings?

As a further aside, the outbound legs (on DL, booked in X fare class) show up as "Business Class" on Alaska site, which is weird.

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

If its DL coded AS operated it should post as AS metal at full EQM's.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by beckoa

Good to know, that's a bonus. I wasn't "upgrade waitlisted" but a quick call to the MVPG line took care of that and it now shows on AS website so all good there too
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by SamuelS
Originally Posted by beckoa

Good to know, that's a bonus. I wasn't "upgrade waitlisted" but a quick call to the MVPG line took care of that and it now shows on AS website so all good there too
A crucial step ^
Old May 9, 2015, 2:00 am

Programs: HA Platinum, UA Silver
I have the following itinerary coming up:
HNL-SEA DL P class 2677 mi
SEA-AMS DL C class 4886 mi
AMS-NBO DL marketed/operated by KL C class 4140 mi
NBO-AMS DL marketed/operated by KL I class 4140 mi
AMS-LAX DL marketed/operated by KL I class 5578 mi
LAX-HNL DL P class 2556 mi

Couple questions:
1. How many EQMs will I get? Based on my calculations definitely 19,061 from the DL flts and possibly 17,323 (36,339 total) if I get EQMs from the KL flights marketed by DL. Correct?
2. Any tips on how to get my KL flights marketed by DL to get credited as an EQM?

Thanks.

Last edited by Mokuea; May 9, 2015 at 2:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.