Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2014 Alaska Airlines Cyber Monday Sale (live NOW)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missydarlin
Sale is on.

Use SHOPNOW for 5% discount on top of sale fares - Discount ended Monday night
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

I keep seeing the Cyber Monday sale being mentioned over and over in multiple threads....definitely building excitement....I'll have to admit, I'm pretty excited myself! It looks like Alaska is ready....they've already got the Cyber Monday sale page ready to go!

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/dea...nday-sale.aspx

So, how many of you are holding off ticket purchases until Cyber Monday?? How much do you think you'll spend and which city pairs are you crossing your fingers that they'll be part of the sale??

For me....I'm hoping for, in no particular order of preference....
1. PDX-LAS
2. PDX-SAT (via SEA)
3. PDX-LIH
4. PDX-KOA
5. PDX-FAT (not very "exciting", but my wife has family in the area)

*I'm also crossing my fingers that the sale fares are good on more than just Tues/Wed/Sat like they were last year.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i think there will be some attractive offers from SEA to slap DL in the face a bit.

for me personally, i'm hoping to see the return of $200 ex-SAN transcons to BOS and MCO. LAX-DCA thrown in would be nice too.

wide availability of CA->HI for under $350 would always be welcome, as would cheapie ($49) fares on SFO-PSP, SMF-SEA/PDX, and SEA/PDX-RDM.

Depends what routes are offered and the duration of available fares into the 2015 calendar, but I could easily see myself booking enough miles to get up to MVP status if the fares are good out into mid-Q2. Right now my Jan/Feb are sort of full, so I am hoping to be able to score some tickets in March-May timeframe.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
SJC-OGG, please
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:05 pm

I'm with PV_Premier. I'm hoping for some BOS-SAN deals, preferably past 1Q. I already jumped on the last sale for BOS-SAN over MLK weekend and BOS-PDX over President's Day. That's halfway to MVP, and I'll book the next 10k if there are $200 BOS-SAN RT dates March-June.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
i think there will be some attractive offers from SEA to slap DL in the face a bit.

for me personally, i'm hoping to see the return of $200 ex-SAN transcons to BOS and MCO. LAX-DCA thrown in would be nice too.

wide availability of CA->HI for under $350 would always be welcome, as would cheapie ($49) fares on SFO-PSP, SMF-SEA/PDX, and SEA/PDX-RDM.

Depends what routes are offered and the duration of available fares into the 2015 calendar, but I could easily see myself booking enough miles to get up to MVP status if the fares are good out into mid-Q2. Right now my Jan/Feb are sort of full, so I am hoping to be able to score some tickets in March-May timeframe.
I would love to see MCO included in this sale but given the fact that fares tend to remain high regardless of day or season (especially ex-SEA) and MCO almost never shows up on ANY Alaska sale, I'm not holding out any hope...the best we can hope for is TPA. If the MCO flights are selling so well, I don't understand why they don't add another (maybe mid-day) departure to this route.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I think the PDX/SEA hops to RDM/EUG are almost certain to be $49 so you'll probably get your wish on that.
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Never have seen too much exciting fare-wise from this. Would like to have my mind change though

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
So, how many of you are holding off ticket purchases until Cyber Monday??
They have an easy price match guarantee system. No need to wait!
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch
They have an easy price match guarantee system. No need to wait!
Well, we don't know what cities are being chosen yet so I have no clue until Monday about which cities to book.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Never have seen too much exciting fare-wise from this. Would like to have my mind change though
$59 fares from PDX-LAS last year was pretty exciting....I pretty much write off anything in AK due to low cpm regardless of the "sale" and MCO due to it almost never being part of any AS sale...ever.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: AS MVP
Very excited! I hope it was like a two years ago when travel dates started on Dec. 6th. Please let MSP or PHX be involved! I'm visiting my brother in Sacramento area Dec. 11-24th and need to make another trip of 2,743 miles or more to get MVP for first time ever.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I would love to see MCO included in this sale but given the fact that fares tend to remain high regardless of day or season (especially ex-SEA) and MCO almost never shows up on ANY Alaska sale, I'm not holding out any hope...the best we can hope for is TPA. If the MCO flights are selling so well, I don't understand why they don't add another (maybe mid-day) departure to this route.
Being that SAN-MCO is routinely $155 one way, if I can get it at $109 one way I'll be pleased and will book several.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Being that SAN-MCO is routinely $155 one way, if I can get it at $109 one way I'll be pleased and will book several.
True, SAN is an exception....I always want to do PDX-SAN-MCO but of course it is never available at that price (and of course SEA-MCO is always $$).
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 100K, United MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know what time the sale starts on Monday?
Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pdxtraveller
Does anyone know what time the sale starts on Monday?
Thanks
I was wondering that too....last year the sale lasted an entire week so there isn't the pressure to buy all on one day, but I wondered if it would be worth staying up Sunday night until 12:01am on Monday just to see what the cities and details were....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.