Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines Offers Ski Enthusiasts Free Skiing at Top North American Resorts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Offers Ski Enthusiasts Free Skiing at Top North American Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Alaska Airlines Offers Free Travel to Ski Destinations

This may be of interest to those of you who ski ...

(**These are article excerpts - follow the link below for full article**)
Airline and premiere winter resorts launch ‘Ski the West' program that includes travel discounts and free skiing

Skiers, snowboarders, and those looking for a winter getaway can rejoice. Alaska Airlines is partnering with select top resorts in the Western United States and Canada to offer great deals on airfare, lift tickets and equipment rentals.

With Alaska Airlines' "Ski the West" promotion travelers can earn a roundtrip to their favorite ski destination for just the cost of the taxes.

Additionally, ski enthusiasts who fly Alaska to a participating ski resort will also receive major rewards ranging from free lift tickets and free night skiing and when they fly to these destinations between Nov. 10 and Feb. 23, 2015.* (The dates may vary depending on when resorts open and close.)

To participate in the "Ski the West" program, travelers first must register for Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan by Feb. 23 and fly two separate round trips to any two participating ski destinations. Alaska will send them a coupon good for a third roundtrip ticket to any of the qualifying ski destinations. Customers must pay the required taxes and fees at the time of booking.

Participating resort partners include:
Alyeska Resort, located outside of Anchorage, Alaska
Mammoth Mountain Ski Area and Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, located in California
Big White Ski Resort, near Kelowna, British Columbia
Steamboat Ski Resort, Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Sun Valley Ski Resort, Sun Valley, Idaho
Big Sky Resort, Whitefish Mountain Resort, and Big Sky Resort, located in Montana
Taos Ski Valley, located near Albuquerque, New Mexico
Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort, Bend, Oregon
Snowbasin Resort and Snowbird Ski Resort, located near Salt Lake City
As part of "Ski the West," Alaska will unveil two, ski resort-themed planes in December to promote Alaska's nonstop service to Squaw Valley, located near Lake Tahoe, and Snowbird and Snowbasin, located near Salt Lake City. The Q400 and 737-800 will fly throughout Alaska Airlines route network until April 30, 2015.
Click to read the full article details, terms & conditions.

Last edited by AKCuisine; Nov 10, 2014 at 3:56 pm
Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Maybe I should have titled this, "Alaska offers free trip after you've flown two round-trips ... "

Old Nov 10, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I breezed through it when I got the e-mail, I didn't even notice the free trip ^

But:
The "Ski the West" promotion is valid for Mileage Plan members who are Washington, Oregon or California residents.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:48 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
what a load of crap

The "Ski the West" promotion is valid for Mileage Plan members who are Washington, Oregon or California residents.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by ANC
what a load of crap

Missed that...

Well oh well.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by ANC

what a load of crap
Yup, AS is loading people into a bunch of Q400's for cheap flights (cost to AS wise) in the lower 48 with the possible high ticket trip to AK to ski Alyeska. Smart marketing by AS. No value for the vast, vast majority of skiers.

Alyeska is an awesome venue with world class skiing, but these restrictions are onerous
Old Nov 11, 2014, 10:31 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Where's Whistler??

Oh right, AS just cut 3 daily flights from YVR to LAX to 1.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:26 am
ebp

I'm in NorCal. One trip to Park City, one trip to Portland. Viola, ski trip to Alyeska.

Am I missing something?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ebp
I'm in NorCal. One trip to Park City, one trip to Portland. Viola, ski trip to Alyeska.

Am I missing something?
Yeah, you're missing the terms and conditions of the promotion Alyeska is near ANC which isn't one of the cities included in the promotion and when you say, Portland, I assume you mean RDM (via PDX) since PDX isn't included either.

Above and Beyond
2 Tickets, Plus 1 for the Tax*
We fly to some simply stunning places, and for a limited time, we want to take you to one of them - for just the cost of tax. That's right, fly two roundtrips and score one more for the cost of tax. Check out a couple of our amazing destinations, and for the one after that? Well, we'll get the tab. You just pay the tax.

* OFFER TERMS & CONDITIONS
Offer is valid for Mileage Plan™ members who are also Washington, Oregon or California residents. Registration is required prior to your first qualifying flight. Once registered, member must fly 4 qualifying nonstop flights between WA/OR/CA and BZN, SLC, YLW, RNO, MMH, HDN, FCA, SUN, and RDM. Flights must be marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines. Flight miles must be credited to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ account. Not valid on free or award travel. All travel must be completed by February 23, 2015, and credited to your Mileage Plan™ account by February 23, 2015. Maximum of one Discount Code per Mileage Plan member will be issued. All terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan™ program apply. Offer subject to change without notice.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:19 pm

YVR is also included. Some really cheap YVR-LAX AS flights...while they last

Offer is valid for Mileage Plan™ members who are residents of Washington, Oregon, or California. Registered members who fly 4 qualifying nonstop flights between any Alaska Airlines city in Washington, Oregon, or California and Bend (RDM), Bozeman (BZN), Kalispell (FCA), Kelowna (YLW), Mammoth Lakes (MMH), Reno (RNO), Salt Lake City (SLC), Steamboat Springs (HDN), Sun Valley (SUN), or Vancouver (YVR) by February 23, 2015, will receive a Discount Code for a ticket (taxes and fees starting from $29 apply) valid for travel between any Alaska Airlines city in Washington, Oregon, or California and Bend (RDM), Bozeman (BZN), Kalispell (FCA), Kelowna (YLW), Mammoth Lakes (MMH), Reno (RNO), Salt Lake City (SLC), Steamboat Springs (HDN), Sun Valley (SUN), or Vancouver (YVR).

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yeah, you're missing the terms and conditions of the promotion Alyeska is near ANC which isn't one of the cities included in the promotion and when you say, Portland, I assume you mean RDM (via PDX) since PDX isn't included either.

Above and Beyond
2 Tickets, Plus 1 for the Tax*
We fly to some simply stunning places, and for a limited time, we want to take you to one of them - for just the cost of tax. That's right, fly two roundtrips and score one more for the cost of tax. Check out a couple of our amazing destinations, and for the one after that? Well, we'll get the tab. You just pay the tax.

* OFFER TERMS & CONDITIONS
Offer is valid for Mileage Plan™ members who are also Washington, Oregon or California residents. Registration is required prior to your first qualifying flight. Once registered, member must fly 4 qualifying nonstop flights between WA/OR/CA and BZN, SLC, YLW, RNO, MMH, HDN, FCA, SUN, and RDM. Flights must be marketed and operated by Alaska Airlines. Flight miles must be credited to your Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ account. Not valid on free or award travel. All travel must be completed by February 23, 2015, and credited to your Mileage Plan™ account by February 23, 2015. Maximum of one Discount Code per Mileage Plan member will be issued. All terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan™ program apply. Offer subject to change without notice.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
the free lift tickets is kinda awesome (not the free trip)

Additionally, ski enthusiasts who fly Alaska to a participating ski resort will also receive major rewards ranging from free lift tickets and free night skiing and when they fly to these destinations between Nov. 10 and Feb. 23, 2015.* (The dates may vary depending on when resorts open and close.)

Does this mean I can fly LAX-Mammoth and get a free lift tix? That alone would cover teh cost of the flight!

also, it says that you only need to present a boarding pass. I wonder if you can use the 4500 avios each way to get there, making this the most amazing lift ticket deal ever....
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by bbmatt

also, it says that you only need to present a boarding pass. I wonder if you can use the 4500 avios each way to get there, making this the most amazing lift ticket deal ever....
Whenever I've done this, they just need to see the actual boarding pass, so you probably could!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by bbmatt
the free lift tickets is kinda awesome (not the free trip)

Does this mean I can fly LAX-Mammoth and get a free lift tix? That alone would cover teh cost of the flight!
Check with Mammoth as might not really be a great (or do-able) deal.

The deal with Big White (in BC) is really just to ski free your day of flight arrival. http://www.bigwhite.com/plan-your-tr...rs/alaska-air/

"Don’t forget that if you fly with Alaska Airlines during the 2014-2015 ski season, you can ski for free the same day you arrive at Big White. Simply present your same day of arrival boarding pass and corresponding government issued photo ID at the main ticket office and you’ll be on the slopes before you know it! Please note free skiing is only applicable on the same day as your boarding pass."
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold
Originally Posted by OrangeFrog
Check with Mammoth as might not really be a great (or do-able) deal.

The deal with Big White (in BC) is really just to ski free your day of flight arrival. http://www.bigwhite.com/plan-your-tr...rs/alaska-air/

"Don’t forget that if you fly with Alaska Airlines during the 2014-2015 ski season, you can ski for free the same day you arrive at Big White. Simply present your same day of arrival boarding pass and corresponding government issued photo ID at the main ticket office and you’ll be on the slopes before you know it! Please note free skiing is only applicable on the same day as your boarding pass."
the flight from LA gets in around 10am so it's perfect for a full day of snowboarding! plus I think my AA status gets me a free checked bag too, I see it as a win, win, win! any other terms I should be worried about?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.