Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luggage Tags for 75K Gold Members?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Luggage Tags for 75K Gold Members?

I admit this is pretty trivial (if such a post is possible on FT). A few months ago I asked someone sitting next to me about his very attractive Alaska Airlines luggage tag. He told me he got it upon reaching 75K status. I hit that status recently but have yet to receive the tag. Do they still send them? Any other surprise perks (excluding the well publicized 75K benefits - which are substantial)? Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See this recent thread asking a similar question:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-made-75k.html
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond, MR Platinum, National Executive Elite
I hit 75k at the end of September and received my luggage tags about a week ago.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by bofc
Any other surprise perks (excluding the well publicized 75K benefits - which are substantial)? Thanks.
Over the last few years I've had some unpublished perks like free food in Y (done discreetly--and I never asked. The crew offered it to me), held flights and they paid for a small repair to my bag when QX mangled the zippers.

YMMV of course, but the two best perks I've had flying AS over the last few years are the great friendships I've made with the BR folks in PDX and SEA and some FAs that I see on a regular basis. They really make the constant travel bearable.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:23 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Do the four BR passes come with the luggage tags?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
Yes, they're all in the packet together.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I received the package last week. The BR passes are easy to miss.
The luggage tags are so shiny, I'm considering going to the pawn shop or a cash-for-gold place to see how much I can get.

The crappy impossible-to-remove adhesive may decrease the value a bit.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I received the package last week. The BR passes are easy to miss.
The luggage tags are so shiny, I'm considering going to the pawn shop or a cash-for-gold place to see how much I can get.

The crappy impossible-to-remove adhesive may decrease the value a bit.
Two things:

* - My card and bag tags are a different shade of gold, the card being darker. Thought it was odd but maybe they are printed separately?

* - The adhesive is annoying, not sure why it has to be so difficult to get off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.