Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS award travel PDX-LAX-JFK-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Talking AS award travel PDX-LAX-JFK-LHR

I just booked my wife and I two F seats on AA for next june; the itinerary isnt ideal for the wife as its over 36hrs of travel PDX-SJC- overnight in LA...LAX-JFK-LHR (i dont mind it because i get to see 32B and 77W in F). We booked it at 62.5k. My question is, if a direct LAX-LHR should open up at a later date how difficult is it to swap flights/dates? The wife will be MVPgold this year so fees arent an issue but will AS have to redeposit the miles and i have to rebook or can we just swap?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I believe change fee may still apply unless the miles were redeemed from the wifes account (if changes made while she is mvpg). I'm not 100% sure.

Either way its easy to make the change.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by radtechtraveler
I just booked my wife and I two F seats on AA for next june; the itinerary isnt ideal for the wife as its over 36hrs of travel PDX-SJC- overnight in LA...LAX-JFK-LHR...
My wife would far prefer to pay for a nine-hour SEA-LHR nonstop in economy over a 36-hour zombie marathon zigzagging around the map in F on miles. Just saying. What surcharges did you pay on those F awards?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BearX220
My wife would far prefer to pay for a nine-hour SEA-LHR nonstop in economy over a 36-hour zombie marathon zigzagging around the map in F on miles. Just saying. What surcharges did you pay on those F awards?
$36 in surcharges total. Honestly they only part that i really dont like is the PDX-LAX because it gets in around 215 the day before, so i would have to take an additional day
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BearX220
They were on AA TATL, so much less than BA surcharges.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I never see business AA awards much less F it seems.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by apodo77
I never see business AA awards much less F it seems.
yeah its very few and far between, there was 1 date in june and nothing in march-may so its really just checking every week or day to get something. Ironically i would of booked business but there was no avail from jan-jun 2015
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
LAX-LHR is a very popular route for paid fares. I wouldn't hold my breath on awards in F/J showing up.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 4:06 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by CDKing
I believe change fee may still apply unless the miles were redeemed from the wifes account (if changes made while she is mvpg). I'm not 100% sure.

Either way its easy to make the change.
Remember, no change fees until 60 days before departure. So they don't have to worry about that until April.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Good time to sign up for AwardNexus or ExpertFlyer if you want alerts on the direct flights...
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Remember, no change fees until 60 days before departure. So they don't have to worry about that until April.
Good point. I forgot that we are referring to 2015, but the odds are if it opens up it will be within 60 days of departure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.