Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS Board Room Member Newark Options?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Hi - I searched for a thread on this but didn't see anything. I am wondering what Board Room options there are now that AS is operating out of the A terminal in EWR. All I see behind security is an AA lounge and they do not reciprocate access, do they? I know Delta will but is their lounge before or after security in the B terminal? When AS recently moved back to the A terminal the gate agent told me they were looking to do a deal with the AA lounge, but I haven't heard anything. Thanks!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:02 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Nope - sorry, we are out of luck in EWR. The Delta lounge is after security in B.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL UA AS

I hope we see more cooperation between AS and AA/US for lounge access. I am happy that I can now use the AS Boardroom for AA/US flights with my US club card, but it would be nice to use it on AS flights.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
There was some discussion about AS reps chatting with AA back in March about Newark AA club access for Board Room members:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-terminal.html

Perhaps missydarlin might have inside knowledge as to whether anything came from those discussions.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:12 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Silver, Bonvoy Gold, National Executive
I asked this very question on Twitter yesterday, and I was immediately offered the SkyClub in B by @AlaskaAir and a $50 day pass option by @AmericanAir. However, the reply did say "Sorry, at this time we only have agreements with their Boardroom", meaning the SkyClub. There always seems to be a hint that there may be a different answer in the future.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by lg20
I asked this very question on Twitter yesterday, and I was immediately offered the SkyClub in B by @AlaskaAir and a $50 day pass option by @AmericanAir. However, the reply did say "Sorry, at this time we only have agreements with their Boardroom", meaning the SkyClub. There always seems to be a hint that there may be a different answer in the future.
In the meantime, these gates are some of the most pathetic in the AS system. It is also what VX uses (I don't recall if they are now both in the same pier, or the next one over, but they are both awful.) This alone was reason enough on a recent trip to fly SFO/EWR, but return JFK/SFO on a VX trip. When I landed @ EWR, the line to the Ladies room was snaked out into the terminal. The only food/beverage option is the single crappy vendor in the center. It is quite the pit.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:58 pm

My last few trips to NYC have been on AA through JFK. Much nicer in most every respect. Have purchased $591 first class each direction the past few trips.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flytoeat
My last few trips to NYC have been on AA through JFK. Much nicer in most every respect. Have purchased $591 first class each direction the past few trips.
$1180 R/T in F on AA? Starting from SEA?
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by mikelat
$1180 R/T in F on AA? Starting from SEA?
These fares are not always available; they're up-fares offered at off peak times. I have purchased three of them in the past month.

Last edited by flytoeat; Jul 31, 2014 at 9:57 pm
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:59 pm

Flight
Seattle to New York
1 Adult
Wednesday August 27, 2014 – Sunday August 31, 2014
Your Trip Price:
$1,180.19 USD
Baggage and Optional Charges
Flight Depart Arrive
American Airlines

Seattle (SEA)
August 27, 2014 07:00 AM
Travel Time : 5 h 25 m
Cabin Class : First
Seat : unassigned
New York (JFK)
August 27, 2014 03:25 PM
Booking Code : P
Plane Type : 738
Flight Depart Arrive
American Airlines

New York (JFK)
August 31, 2014 06:35 PM
Travel Time : 6 h 20 m
Cabin Class : First
Seat : unassigned
Seattle (SEA)
August 31, 2014 09:55 PM
Booking Code : P
Plane Type : 738
Fare Amount
Adult
1 × $1,071.62 USD
$1,071.62 USD
Taxes & Carrier-Imposed Fees
Taxes
$108.57 USD
Carrier-Imposed Fees
$0.00 USD
Price and Tax Information
Flight Subtotal
$1,180.19 USD
View Fare Rules

Flights not on American Airlines, American Eagle, or AmericanConnection® are on a request basis only. Fares and availability are subject to change.
In order to comply with federal security regulations, we may provide government agencies access to data you disclose to us.
If you choose to pay using a U.K.-billed credit card or U.K.-billed PayPal account, a processing fee of £4.50 per ticket may apply. Payments with debit cards are exempt from this fee.
Optional Services and Carrier Charges include, but are not limited to, items such as checked or carry-on baggage, seat selection and seat upgrades.
First/Business Fares may be an Instant Upgrade and therefore subject to restrictions.
Flight Information Questions?

Your Trip Price:
$1,180.19 USD
Baggage and Optional Charges
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flytoeat
These fares are not always available; they're up-fares offered at off peak times. I have purchased three of them in the past month.
Nice! Too bad they're not routable SEA-LAX-JFK on the red eye A321 in F Still didn't realize F was avail at that price on the direct flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.