Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How to book EK flight in Y, E, R, or W class for full EQMs/RDMs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus, AMEX Platinum

I just booked flights from SFO to COK via DXB and back on emirates.com. I purchased "Skywards Saver" economy fares, which I assume are the ones that only earn 50% Alaska Airlines miles. It appears that the only way to search for "Skywards Flex" fares (presumably the ones that book in Y, E, R, and W classes) is to log in to your Emirates Skywards account, but I do not have a Skywards account, nor do I want one, since I plan to accrue miles for this flight and any future EK flights in my MP account.

Would the best option at this point be to call Emirates and try to get them to rebook me into a higher fare class? Are the agents well-trained enough to understand what I'm asking for? Any idea what the fare difference would be?

I booked the flights a couple hours ago so I imagine I can make changes in the first 24 hours without any penalties.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by UA_Sycophant
I do not have a Skywards account, nor do I want one, since I plan to accrue miles for this flight and any future EK flights in my MP account.
You should be able to still credit miles to AS, I'd think.

No personal experience to help you with your question, though. Did you try hipmunk maybe? I don't know if they handle fare class specification but it seems possible.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Avis Preferred Plus, AMEX Platinum
I included my AS MP number in my reservation so I will earn AS miles. My question is, how do I ensure that I am booked in one of the fare classes that earns actual flight miles instead of only 50% of miles flown?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by UA_Sycophant
I included my AS MP number in my reservation so I will earn AS miles. My question is, how do I ensure that I am booked in one of the fare classes that earns actual flight miles instead of only 50% of miles flown?
Sorry, I meant you should be able to create an EK account, log in, search for the fare you meant, and then still use your AS number.

But that being said, the receipt will often have the fare code. I haven't booked EK directly so I don't have specific experience. Maybe ask over on the EK board?
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
In my experience with such a problem, the EK agents knew how to rebook me in a higher class (and if they don't, hang up and call them back to get another agent).
However, they charged me a full change fee ($200 I think) to just change my fare class.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I think you would get better answers in the EK forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.