Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New Alaska video: Seattle's Hometown Airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG

I am thrilled that Alaska is going toe-to-toe with Delta. Here is Alaska's newest video.

http://youtu.be/6yQ4UMZof8w

#IflyAlaska
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
cool.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Lunamoth
I am thrilled that Alaska is going toe-to-toe with Delta. Here is Alaska's newest video.

http://youtu.be/6yQ4UMZof8w

#IflyAlaska
They played this for Russell's entrance last Friday.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:29 pm

I like this. Makes me proud.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
Thumbs up

Great video during the event last Friday. Glad to see it's up on YouTube for everyone to see now. Irony is I just booked AS457 towards the end of this month.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
P.S. Here's the other video they showed during Friday's charity event. I think we donated 3.1M miles and AS matched 1M for a total of 4.1M miles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gikPK7fhLSs

Cheers,
Kermee
Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:53 pm

Well done! It's so refreshing to see a business have such a sense of community.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:09 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by prmetime
Well done! It's so refreshing to see a business have such a sense of community.
others do exist but I agree
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kermee
P.S. Here's the other video they showed during Friday's charity event. I think we donated 3.1M miles and AS matched 1M for a total of 4.1M miles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gikPK7fhLSs
Seattle Children's hospital sure appreciates your/Alaska's generosity. And thanks for the other video!
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Great advertisement! ^

But one observation: Over 100 destinations? Really? Now I am not going to count, but I find that a little hard to believe.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Great advertisement! ^

But one observation: Over 100 destinations? Really? Now I am not going to count, but I find that a little hard to believe.
Yup, I think 102 destinations.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Yup, I think 102 destinations.
By the end of year 105? Granted some are seasonal.

http://www.alaskaair.com/travelinfo/...nfo-cityGuides
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:49 am

They're going above and beyond in one of the mode educated cities in the country and yet I can't fit my personal item under the seat well in front of me because they ok'd some rather stupid seat design choices. When I fly Delta, my laptop bag fits in 16D, on Alaska, I have to check my carry-on because of this stupidity.

Plenty of people have complained and Alaska has done nothing. I'm all for supporting a local business when they actually care about their customer's opinions. When they don't, I might as well fly Delta.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ou81two
They're going above and beyond in one of the mode educated cities in the country and yet I can't fit my personal item under the seat well in front of me because they ok'd some rather stupid seat design choices. When I fly Delta, my laptop bag fits in 16D, on Alaska, I have to check my carry-on because of this stupidity.

Plenty of people have complained and Alaska has done nothing. I'm all for supporting a local business when they actually care about their customer's opinions. When they don't, I might as well fly Delta.
Unfortunate bar placement for C/D in the new seats, no doubt. I am not sure it is an example of Alaska being non-responsive. It is a better example of the reality of major capital purchases and the inflexibility that comes with them.

When you fly Delta, though, do you ever get the feeling that the FAs are inconvenienced by the fact that passengers decided to board the plane? I am amazed at the consistency of DL FAs grumpiness.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
This is a great video.

Originally Posted by Lunamoth
When you fly Delta, though, do you ever get the feeling that the FAs are inconvenienced by the fact that passengers decided to board the plane? I am amazed at the consistency of DL FAs grumpiness.
I don't fly DL that much (maybe 10-15 flights/yr), but on every DL flight I've had since 2010, the FAs have been very good. Sure, they may not all be perky, personable, or scintillating but I've never had one that looked upset about being at work even when leaving at some unholy hour of the morning.

All that being said, I book Alaska over DL whenever I have the chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.