Community
Wiki Posts
Search

speed for AS miles to post?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:37 am
Original Poster

speed for AS miles to post?

How long is it taking these days for AS miles to post for AS-operated flights? My wife needs credit for the outbound part of our vacation to get MVP for first time, so just wondering if we are likely to have it post in time to take advantage of for our return flight. (Plus she needs to call in and have them remove and re-enter her mileage number, right? I want to make sure she gets the bonus miles if she gets credited on time)
Old Jul 16, 2014, 3:54 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
4 days on average in my experience
Old Jul 17, 2014, 8:20 pm

Typically second weekday for flights taken on weekdays. Often (but not always) Monday for weekend flights.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: Free Agent
Data point on DL international flights

I know OP mentioned AS operated flights, but thought I would pitch in some recent DL operated experience on international flights. One Sunday dep+arrival, followed by a return on Friday dep+arrival 5 days later. Both posted together to AS MP after midnight the Monday after the return, so it took 3 days for the weekday flight, and 8 days for the weekend flight.

Could mean some kind of batch process on Monday night for DL operated segments, perhaps for international only if someone has data points for quicker posting for DL domestic?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Data point on LA international flight

Another data point on a LAN international sector. Thu departure, Fri arrival, posted 11 days later on a Tuesday at some point, as did the international DL segments in my post above this one.

Additional evidence that there seems to be some kind of Tuesday morning batch process of at least these international flights. And Friday arrivals might not make it into the batch for the following Tuesday morning, YMMV. Also may be different/faster for domestic segments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.