Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

F Lav Policy - Poorly Enforced Generally on AS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F Lav Policy - Poorly Enforced Generally on AS?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by wvactions
OMG. Are you suggesting an "Elite" that paid for an E ticket but got a free upgrade use the same bathroom designed and designated for the unwashed peasants that paid for an E ticket. The horror of such a thought.
You need to distinguish between unwashed and peasants. While they may be soiled and unclean and would never pass muster with the kosher butcher, they may have paid a lot more for the tickets to sit back there. The only thing I'm not sure of is how far back the "hind quarter" of the plane starts to know where the passengers are unclean and non-kosher.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by Putzy
I'm not sure how much effect this will have on fwd lav bandits, but the installation of dividers has begun.
I should hope so. Here's a sneak peak and what the new dividers look like:

Old Jul 5, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by hgdf
I should hope so. Here's a sneak peak and what the new dividers look like:

Unfortunately, the photo is cutoff at the top where the razor wire is.

--mcz
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA MM
Let them take a leak for crissake, I say.

Now if they try to take a #2, then kill the peasants. Nobody in their right mind takes a #2 on board an aircraft.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 4:35 pm

Unless you are somewhere over the Aleutians enroute to Hong Kong.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 5:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Unless you are somewhere over the Aleutians enroute to Hong Kong.
Cathay has a bathroom with a view, too!
Old Jul 28, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, BAEC, SPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by gaiusbaltar
On the dreaded no divider 900 series aircraft. During safety briefing
, FA just told everyone that they could use the first class cabin lavatory. On AS 662 right now sitting in Seat 2A's seat 2A (pun intended). I am floored she would make this announcement. I'm expecting a stampede.

Will report afterwards.
FA made same announcement on AS 104 last night on aforementioned dreaded divider-free 900 series. Mr. SalishSea and I were very surprised. It was a full flight and there was a steady stream (pun intended) of passengers using the forward lav for most of the trip. I understand the *occasional* passenger who really needs to go and dashes forward; I've been there myself. What annoyed me were the people who didn't follow the FA's instructions to please wait at the 6th row (where coach seating begins). No matter what class I'm flying in, no matter what carrier, I don't like to be near the lav line and have people's rear ends three inches from my face.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:52 am

I'm on ORD - SEA right now, sitting in 6F , and there's been a steady stream of the masses going up the F lav without the cart being in the aisle.

I can see the curtain sitting on 6C's chair and I can't understand why the FA doesn't unroll it.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
I can see the curtain sitting on 6C's chair and I can't understand why the FA doesn't unroll it.
Did you ask them?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold
During the pre-flight announcements on a recent flight, the FA described the "tiny cramped" lav upfront and the "spacious spa-like" lavs in the back
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by LAXative
Did you ask them?
I wasn't in F, so I really could have cared less.

Now if I were upfront, that might have changed my mind.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
I'm on ORD - SEA right now, sitting in 6F , and there's been a steady stream of the masses going up the F lav without the cart being in the aisle.

I'm sometimes tempted to move it myself
Old Aug 2, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
If you want to use the F lav so badly, just buy a F ticket next time.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by mapu
If you want to use the F lav so badly, just buy a F ticket next time.
Why when we can just walk up there?
Old Aug 3, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, Starwood Rewards
Originally Posted by wvactions
OMG. Are you suggesting an "Elite" that paid for an E ticket but got a free upgrade use the same bathroom designed and designated for the unwashed peasants that paid for an E ticket. The horror of such a thought.
This post will really really offend you. It will offend alot of the regulars in here as well. But, you'll get an idea of my mindset and the mindset of alot of other posters/readers here who are just too polite to say what I am about to say but think it anyway.

Most of the people on this thread fly alot. What I mean by alot is flying at least once a week or more. I fly twice a week most weeks, sometimes 3-4 times a week. I will spend over $25,000 this year with Alaska Airlines alone. I also buy tickets from American, United, and Delta. I refuse to fly Southwest.

And, yes, sometimes I do sit in Y, but most of the time I don't. Even if I am in Y, I don't want you schlepping up front to use the bathroom. Whether I'm sitting in row 6F, 6C, 8A, 7F, 7D or 1A, 2D, 3A, 3D, 4F, I don't want the peons in the back coming up to the front of the aircraft to go to the bathroom.

It interrupts my work regardless of where I'm sitting as the peons butt or crying baby hits my sit while I sit in the isle row. I also hear the noise which is a distraction from my work.

I usually buy tickets that are 3 to 4 times more expensive than yours because my business plans change. Because I spend more money than you, I expect to be treated better than you. I deserve to be treated better because I am paying more money to the airline more often than you. I fly way more often than you. That means I don't want you going to the front to use the lavatory.

Although I feel for you that you may find it offensive, that's not my problem. Your opinions about using the F lavatory because of your class issues with society is your problem. Allowing you to come up to the front and use the F lavatory makes your problem and attitude, my problem. Now you've interrupted my work and I don't like that. This is why it should be enforced. And it's a real issue for me because I don't like people who interrupt me from my work.

AS takes fantastic care of their frequent flyers with the one exception of allowing the peons in the back to use the F lavatory.

There, I said it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.