Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated Alaska Airlines Flash Sale thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IceTrojan

Fast Dash Sale FT Procedures & Information:

• Please post in this thread if you encounter a Fast Dash Sale that is live.
  • Please limit discussion in this thread to expired/previous offers, and speculation to when the next dash may be.
  • Sales tend to last two hours, starting at 11 AM PDT/PST and ending at 1 PM PDT/PST
  • Generally are on Wednesdays, but not every week nor month
  • Short hops and transcons have appeared
  • Sometimes announced via twitter, but visible on AS' homepage
  • Remember one can always cancel within 24 hours
  • Fares still eligible for upgrades and can be combined with companion certs too.

Print Wikipost

The Consolidated Alaska Airlines Flash Sale thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Fast-Dash is back! PDX deals: SJC $64 OW, SLC $69, OMA $97.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
Fair amount of options.
Including a smattering of transcon and Bay Area to Hawaii.
Travel from February 23 - March 9, 2016.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
I grabbed a same day turn sea-iad just to pad the eqm bank early this year
Old Feb 10, 2016, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by dieselbear
Fair amount of options.
Not from where I'm sitting... hardly any cities on the complete list, and LAX got a whole lotta MRY (not bad at $49) and nothing else.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 10:23 am

Programs: AS - MVP75k, Marriott - Titanium, Hertz - PC
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Not from where I'm sitting...
Agree. I don't know if my expectations are too high or if I'm not recalling the past correctly, but it seems the options are not as good as they used to be. The flash sale from SEA had very limited options (I understand SEA is the main hub and will likely have less but still disappointing).
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
the SJC-KOA flights were appealing, but the RNO-SJC tag on made it too expensive and the lack of daily frequency meant too long of a stay for the time i was targeting to go. oh well, maybe later this year instead when a different sale crops up.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is a very pathetic flash sale going til 1159p tonight. ANC and CA to Hawaii for $205 each way and SEA-LAX for $69 one way.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Hmm might need to explore ANC-Hawaii
Old Feb 24, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
Sale is up. Only SJC and LAX to Cabo. $129 each way. Travel from March 1 - 30, 2016.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Forgot to check last night...was there no sale?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveH
Forgot to check last night...was there no sale?
i checked at 5pm PDT and nothing...didn't check again after that. frankly, the $67ow attack fares on DL hubs were far better than anything we could have wished for in a typical flash sale, IMO.

one thing to note, AS is matching WN on their current sale that ends today. for instance, SEA-SMF is $69 and i think DEN too. those prices will likely jump when WN pulls their spring sale tonight, so if you are in the market for a specific trip where WN is a competitor, it's a good day to check the price.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Great heads-up PV, thank you.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I remember when you could count on this sale being up and running every Wednesday from about 11:00am to 1:00pm Pacific time. There used to be a variety of often attractive options ranging from transcons to shorter west coast flights.

What happened?

It seems like of late the powers that be have turned management of the Fast Dash Sale over to some stoner dude who posts it now and then, whenever he gets around to it or perhaps even if or when he remembers to do so.

For the most part the offerings have become so irregular and/or uninspiring that I rarely ever bother to check anymore. That said, maybe that's part of the plan - to just offer it now and then regardless of the time and hope that not too many people are paying attention. Additionally, I'm one of the many out there who don't do Twitter.

I will say that I'd pay attention this sale on a more regular basis regardless of the markets offered or quality of pricing if I could count on some regularity to it, i.e. every Wednesday morning - like it used to be.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I remember when you could count on this sale being up and running every Wednesday from about 11:00am to 1:00pm Pacific time. There used to be a variety of often attractive options ranging from transcons to shorter west coast flights.

What happened?

It seems like of late the powers that be have turned management of the Fast Dash Sale over to some stoner dude who posts it now and then, whenever he gets around to it or perhaps even if or when he remembers to do so.

For the most part the offerings have become so irregular and/or uninspiring that I rarely ever bother to check anymore. That said, maybe that's part of the plan - to just offer it now and then regardless of the time and hope that not too many people are paying attention. Additionally, I'm one of the many out there who don't do Twitter.

I will say that I'd pay attention this sale on a more regular basis regardless of the markets offered or quality of pricing if I could count on some regularity to it, i.e. every Wednesday morning - like it used to be.
Could the time of year have anything to do with it? We're heading into the spring/summer travel season which is generally much busier (and more expensive) for air travel - could that be the reason why? I've only been following the Fast Dash sales since September/October (when air travel is often much cheaper), so I don't know if they've continued throughout the summer in past years..
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Seat 2A

What happened?

During April-May:

SEA-LAS: $47
SEA-SNA: $64
SEA-SAN: $63
SEA-SIT: $63
SEA-SJC: $63
SEA-KTN: $71
SEA-JNU: $71
SEA-ANC: $79

Those are some pretty insanely cheap prices on the Alaska and Vegas flights. No sale code required. I wouldn't expect a lot more discounts on top of those prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.