Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

I got/didn't get a MVP/GOLD/75K upgrade on AS (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Please post your upgrade successes & failures including:

Date
Route (Please bold if failure)
Flight Number
Status
Add companion if there was one
Time the upgrade cleared or position on waitlist if didn't clear

Examples:

2/2/15 BOS-PDX AS 35 75K Upgrade cleared at T-120 hours
8/1/15 DFW-SEA AS 665 MVPG Didn't clear 4/22 on waitlist
Print Wikipost

I got/didn't get a MVP/GOLD/75K upgrade on AS (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
For the offer to pay $100 for upgrade on tonights late night pdx-anc. If I wasn't on an award ticket I would have cleared. We upgauged to 738. Currently exit row by myself thought about 6A but rather have my own row even though im not a fan of exit now with the shorter cushion
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Has anybody gotten an upgrade while flying an award flight?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by hiima
Yes, I have but it is extremely rare and my status definitely helped.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:38 pm

It's very rare and you never know when it's going to happen...just like a politician saying something intelligible.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
i'd have to imagine the most likely scenario is in an op-UP situation, with Y oversold and no one w/ revenue fare left eligible for upgrade, and no takers on the TOD day of departure upgrades.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
I love Alaska!

I have migrated from UA to AS for multiple reason that I have already stated but I just jumped to F for $100 on my KOA to SFO flight in the AM. This included 2 bags. UA is twice the price for the flight and almost never gave me an upgrade and I am Platinum with them. Bye Bye UA, it wasn't nice to know ya.

Last edited by nomad420; Aug 28, 2015 at 8:06 pm Reason: Typo
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by nomad420
I have migrated from UA to AS for multiple reason that I have already stated but I just jumped to F for $100 on my KOA to SFO flight in the AM. This included 2 bags. UA is twice the price for the flight and almost never gave me an upgrade and I am Platinum with them. Bye Bye UA, it wasn't nice to know ya.
as AS doesn't fly KOA-SFO, can you clarify if you're in fact on the flight to SJC, OAK, or connecting in PDX/SEA? thanks. i assume you are probably headed to OAK, that flight would in particular be "elite light" and thus a ripe opportunity for a for-cash upgrade like this.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
How competitive is the BOS-PDX AS33 flight for upgrades? I booked one a couple of months out the other night, myself and a companion are waitlisted and the cabin has 10 seats open on Expert Flyer. As an MVP 75K would my odds generally be pretty good for this flight?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
8/3/15 PDX-LAX AS 564 75K Upgrade cleared at Booking [GGU]
8/7/15 LAX-PDX AS 565 75K Upgrade cleared at Booking [GGU]
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:49 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Using a Gold Guest Upgrade to fly ORD-SEA.

Honestly the only way this lowly MVPG seems to get an UG these days (other than by purchasing an instantly upgradable fare)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by nomad420
Are you sure it's all the way or just the shorter segment. I got $100 upgrade offer on my award flight Bos-anc but the $100 was just for pdx-anc flight

Although it does appear California to koa routes are under the 2500 mile threshold that jumps the price to 150

Last edited by CDKing; Aug 31, 2015 at 11:36 am
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:36 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
as AS doesn't fly KOA-SFO, can you clarify if you're in fact on the flight to SJC, OAK, or connecting in PDX/SEA? thanks. i assume you are probably headed to OAK, that flight would in particular be "elite light" and thus a ripe opportunity for a for-cash upgrade like this.
Yes, sorry OAK of course. Force of habit as I previously always flew UA from SFO to KOA all the time. LOL, once I almost started to drive to SFO before I realized it was AS out of OAK. BTW, I got for cash upgrade both directions.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Are you sure it's all the way or just the shorter segment. I got $100 upgrade offer on my award flight Bos-anc but the $100 was just for pdx-anc flight

Although it does appear California to koa routes are under the 2500 mile threshold that jumps the price to 150
Nope all the way but as noted it is the OAK KOA direct flight (NOT SFO as originally stated in error). Got cash upgrade both ways. NICE!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Today
Flight 85
SEA-ANC

Scored the very rare in-cabin upgrade
Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
8/3 - MKE-SEA. MVPG 75K. Bought a Y fare about a week ago and F was sold out. F seat opened yesterday but no U space. I doubt I'll get the upgrade so I've thought about calling and paying the $50 difference between Y and F, but I think 6A is a perfectly comfortable seat for 4 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.