Wiki Posts
Search

25K Mile Bonus w/ second card?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:26 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

25K Mile Bonus w/ second card?

I am looking for a quick chunk of miles. I have had an AS Visa card forever. Will I get the 25K mile bonus if I apply for another personal card?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by david4455
I am looking for a quick chunk of miles. I have had an AS Visa card forever. Will I get the 25K mile bonus if I apply for another personal card?
Not sure why not. I know others with more then one card- and can come in handy to have a second companion cert ^
Old Feb 4, 2013, 10:37 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
No. You have to have not had a BofA alaska signature card for the preceding 12 months
Old Feb 18, 2013, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ANC
No. You have to have not had a BofA alaska signature card for the preceding 12 months
This is not accurate. I applied for my second BofA AS card a few weeks ago and my enrollment 25K bonus posted this morning. My first card is still active and I have had it for years.

My understanding is that most cards have the 12 month rule....but not BofA.

it makes a nice quick 25K account topper for $75.

Last edited by david55; Feb 18, 2013 at 7:55 am
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:41 am
In memoriam

This is not accurate. I applied for my second BofA AS card a few weeks ago and my enrollment 25K bonus posted this morning. My first card is still active and I have had it for years.

Do you get another companion ticket as well?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:57 am
ANC

well that must just be the rule on the business card then. It says it right on the 2 post card flyers Ive received from AS over the last 2 months....or at least I thought thats what I read although I could have it confused with AA, UA, FL, or US. I get so many offers weekly(especially AA, that one comes at least once a week) the paper shredder is almost wore out
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
well that must just be the rule on the business card then. It says it right on the 2 post card flyers Ive received from AS over the last 2 months....or at least I thought thats what I read although I could have it confused with AA, UA, FL, or US. I get so many offers weekly(especially AA, that one comes at least once a week) the paper shredder is almost wore out
No, there has been no limit on churning this card or opening additional accounts. Between my wife and I and our two businesses, I have had up to 8 separate AS VISA accounts and we received a signup bonus on every one of them. With all the negative changes to the cards, we are now down to 4, headed down to 2.

And guess what? Life goes on. AS takes away my F companion certs and 1000 mile purchase bonuses and I find out there is life outside of AS. In fact, I can generally fly Delta in business elite to JFK for less than I can fly AS to EWR in coach. Who would have known? And AA is offering instant upgrade fares to many markets that are also priced competitively with AS coach fares - no agonizing whether U will open up. I win and AS wins, right? And who gives a rip about Bank of America?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by normcpa
Do you get another companion ticket as well?
yes... I opened both a biz and a 2nd personal and my two new companion coupons are in my account as well as the 25K x 2 = 50K bonus miles.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 2:41 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by flytoeat
And guess what? Life goes on. AS takes away my F companion certs and 1000 mile purchase bonuses and I find out there is life outside of AS. In fact, I can generally fly Delta in business elite to JFK for less than I can fly AS to EWR in coach. Who would have known? And AA is offering instant upgrade fares to many markets that are also priced competitively with AS coach fares - no agonizing whether U will open up. I win and AS wins, right? And who gives a rip about Bank of America?
Yeah I have a decent offer here on my desk for a UA visa. What to do what to do.

Only reason to stick with AS would be to reach million miler since Im 1/4th of the way there but, at my rate I wont hit that until Im 70 and at which point in time I might travel once or at most twice a year :/. Hell thats if AS exists another 20 years and there isnt a better travel invention than commercial air

Last edited by ANC; Feb 18, 2013 at 2:46 pm
Old Mar 22, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: USair BA DL AA
I recently got the Alaska BofA card with the 25k bonus and during the application process is says something about not having applied in the last 90 days. So I assume you would want to wait the full 90 days before another app with them to avoid red flags.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, CC, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by flytoeat
No, there has been no limit on churning this card or opening additional accounts. Between my wife and I and our two businesses, I have had up to 8 separate AS VISA accounts and we received a signup bonus on every one of them. With all the negative changes to the cards, we are now down to 4, headed down to 2.

Do you apply for each new card with your existing Alaska MP account number in the application or leave it blank and merge the accounts after you receive the bonus?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DCAcubsfan
Do you apply for each new card with your existing Alaska MP account number in the application or leave it blank and merge the accounts after you receive the bonus?
same number.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:41 pm

same number.
Much appreciated!
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:22 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Same here. Have AS card. Applied for second card last month with my same MP number. Bonus and companion cert. posted 3 weeks later and got new card in the mail last week. Only bad part is that the credit limit on the second card is really low (like $5,000) and my first card is really high. I had planned to cancel the first card as renewal is coming up next month but now I'm not sure I want to lose that nice high credit limit
Old Mar 22, 2013, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
Same here. Have AS card. Applied for second card last month with my same MP number. Bonus and companion cert. posted 3 weeks later and got new card in the mail last week. Only bad part is that the credit limit on the second card is really low (like $5,000) and my first card is really high. I had planned to cancel the first card as renewal is coming up next month but now I'm not sure I want to lose that nice high credit limit
Doesn't BofA allow you to transfer credit lines around with their cards? I haven't done this in a long time, but I know BofA has done this for me previously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.