Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same Day Confirmed Change (SDC)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: All the Programs...
Originally Posted by damieniz1
sooo...SDC change, via the phone, LAX-SEA-YVR --> LAX-YVR. Exception or the rule? Did this today. <3 Alaska
I believe this is an exception, typically you have to fly the same routing.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by OO-SLC-CR9
Originally Posted by damieniz1
sooo...SDC change, via the phone, LAX-SEA-YVR --> LAX-YVR. Exception or the rule? Did this today. <3 Alaska
I believe this is an exception, typically you have to fly the same routing.
Agreed there was an exception granted ^
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:44 am

Programs: UA1K
so if i understand this correctly, i am unable to SDC from PDX-SNA to PDX-SEA-SNA?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
per rules as written, correct ...
Old Oct 15, 2015, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
per rules as written, correct ...
good to know. i changed my itinerary to PDX-SEA-SNA for the chance to SDC to a later flight.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:13 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Can I SDC on an award ticket? Even if the SDC flight turns a connection (<24 hrs) into a stopover (>24 hrs)?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by jpdx
Can I SDC on an award ticket? Even if the SDC flight turns a connection (<24 hrs) into a stopover (>24 hrs)?
To answer my own question, yes, it's possible to SDC on an award ticket, even if it turns a connection into a stopover. Turned a PDX-SEA-YVR-HKG ticket with 23hr in SEA and 22h in YVR into a trip with 32hr in SEA and 26hr in YVR.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
To answer my own question, yes, it's possible to SDC on an award ticket, even if it turns a connection into a stopover. Turned a PDX-SEA-YVR-HKG ticket with 23hr in SEA and 22h in YVR into a trip with 32hr in SEA and 26hr in YVR.
Excellent. While driving tonight, I was wondering, if you coupled the "last-in, first-out" rule of ticketing with SDC, how fare you could stretch out your connection. Your experience would seem to indicate that almost 48 hours may be possible.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Excellent. While driving tonight, I was wondering, if you coupled the "last-in, first-out" rule of ticketing with SDC, how fare you could stretch out your connection. Your experience would seem to indicate that almost 48 hours may be possible.
I have to add that I was told last night by an agent that SDC on an award ticket isn't allowed, and that "whoever helped you" made a mistake (I did it online, and the website happily offered the option). So YMMV.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
I have to add that I was told last night by an agent that SDC on an award ticket isn't allowed, and that "whoever helped you" made a mistake (I did it online, and the website happily offered the option). So YMMV.
My mileage has been that SDC happens on AS and BA award tickets, and the SDC rules say nothing about award tickets being ineligible.

Eligibility

To qualify for the $25 Same Day Confirmed Change:

You must be holding confirmed reservations and tickets for flights operated by Alaska Airlines.
You must keep the same origin, destination, thru, and connection cities. Co-terminal changes are not allowed.
Your new desired flight must depart on the same calendar day as your originally scheduled flight.
For "red-eye" flight departing between 12:00 a.m. and 3:59 a.m., the new desired flight may depart as early as 10:00 p.m. on the day prior to your original departure.
So I'd say this is just a misinformed employee.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 1:49 pm

doing a small MR on saturday SNA-PDX and then PDX-SEA-SNA. when i check in for the PDX-SEA-SNA segment, does the ap list all of the SDC options? i'm hoping to do either the last flight to SNA or stay the night in PDX and fly back sunday.

also, does AS allow you to SDC while in transit? land in SEA and SDC to the next day SEA-SNA?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 2:14 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
SDC and "next day" contradict each other.

You should be able to SDC to the last flight of the day (if space is available), but changing it to the next day would incur additional fare.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by missydarlin
SDC and "next day" contradict each other.

You should be able to SDC to the last flight of the day (if space is available), but changing it to the next day would incur additional fare.
got it. good to know.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by haddon90
got it. good to know.
I see you're a UA elite so you're use to their more liberal standby policy where same day refers to a 24 hour day that starts from the time your original flight is scheduled to depart. AS does not allow any travel to carry over to the next day as a free standby.

The UA policy can be used to turn one-ways in round-trips for the cost a one-way award. I turned in 10K for a short haul award from PDX-SEA and routed myself PDX-SFO-MCI-DEN-SEA and then we I got to MCI, I used SDC for the next day and then the following day, I used SDC again so I essentially got to visit family for a couple nights in Missouri without having to get a round-trip ticket ^
Old Oct 27, 2015, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I see you're a UA elite so you're use to their more liberal standby policy where same day refers to a 24 hour day that starts from the time your original flight is scheduled to depart. AS does not allow any travel to carry over to the next day as a free standby.
It used to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.