Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dcpdxtrans
This is the continuation of a previous thread on this topic. To view the now-archived thread, please click here.

Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • 50% Redeemable miles bonus
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • Preferred Seating (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares)
  • Space Available Upgrades (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares) within North America (excluding JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO & ATL-HNL)

MVPG/75K
  • 100% Redeemable miles
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • Preferred Seating (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares)[this benefit is now stale and no longer can AS elite status obtain preferred seating, rather, only main cabin--on a booking on 8/24/16, a DL agent confirmed this benefit expired previously]
  • Space Available Upgrades (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares) within North America (excluding JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO & ATL-HNL)

Not elite specific: If in First on an AS segment or DL, and the ticket is issued by DL, you are entitled to 3 bags at 70 lbs. within the United States & Canada.
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 2:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Originally Posted by jackal
If that baggage allowance is needed, since upgrades never happen before the gate anyway, is it possible to check in, check baggage, and then have someone (lounge agent, gate agent, phone agent, etc.) split the records after the traveling companion drops his/her bags off?
Doable, getting the agent to un-check you both in and splitting the PNR is another story.

Most of the time I am sure they'd be happy to do it.
DL SC was unwilling- had to tweet DLAssist to be added...
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines 75K, HHonors Silver, Marriott Silver
Posted this in the Delta forum and got little response. Can I try here?

I am AS MVPG for 2013 after being only AS MVP for the last few years. DL still has my status as AS MVP. I have contacted customer service via phone for both AS and DL, via email for DL, and have talked to ticketing agents in various airports for both airlines this year. They have all told me that the system has been updated, yet I checked in for my PSC-SLC-ATL-CAK (ugh) flight tomorrow, and sure enough it still says AS MVP.

Now, I believe that the differences between MVP and MVPG when on DL are pretty minor (2 free bags vs. 1, Sky Priority boarding). There's no difference in terms of upgrade priority, correct? Does MVPG get discounted Economy Comfort Seats? I've had no trouble getting exit row when desired.

Is it worth the continued effort to get this rectified? Or should I just let it go? I'll definitely be MVPG again in 2014. Will I have this same problem?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dpbuck

I am AS MVPG for 2013 after being only AS MVP for the last few years. DL still has my status as AS MVP. I have contacted customer service via phone for both AS and DL, via email for DL, and have talked to ticketing agents in various airports for both airlines this year. They have all told me that the system has been updated, yet I checked in for my PSC-SLC-ATL-CAK (ugh) flight tomorrow, and sure enough it still says AS MVP.

Now, I believe that the differences between MVP and MVPG when on DL are pretty minor (2 free bags vs. 1, Sky Priority boarding). There's no difference in terms of upgrade priority, correct? Does MVPG get discounted Economy Comfort Seats? I've had no trouble getting exit row when desired.

Is it worth the continued effort to get this rectified? Or should I just let it go? I'll definitely be MVPG again in 2014. Will I have this same problem?
No difference in terms of upgrade priority, No EC, yes to exit row. I would try and get it fixed. You might need the bags benefit sometime and Sky Priority makes a huge difference in Hub cities when everyone has a co-branded credit card.

Try contacting @DeltaAssist and then @AlaskaAir on twitter to try and fix it. I find their Social Media teams very good.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:36 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by dpbuck

When did you qualify for Gold? If it was pretty recent then it takes a few weeks for the systems to be updated.

Another trick you can try is removing your frequent flyer # in your reservation and save. Then re add it again and see if it picks up that you are Gold.

If it does not work, try the twitter teams like the above poster suggested.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 8:54 pm

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 6:55 am
Old Jul 4, 2013, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by crimsonAA
AS MVP on a Delta award ticket. Am I eligible for an upgrade? Or are award tickets excluded?
I think this is a more gray area... officially I don't think this is supported, but DL gate agents have the power. Note, its rare for a cabin to be this empty even as a hypothetical..
Old Jul 5, 2013, 4:51 am

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 6:55 am
Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by crimsonAA
I'm on a 763 this morning out of FLL. Showing 17 seats available in First. Gate agent said can't upgrade on an award ticket.

She seemed apologetic about it though, so perhaps it just can't be done or requires some procedure she was unfamiliar with?
It is against the rules to upgrade partner elites on award tickets, unless they need to move some people up due to Y being oversold.

If the agent wants to move you, all they need is your seat # and drag you from your seat to any open F seat with the mouse.

Bottom line, the agent is following the rules and isn't going to upgrade you.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
7/3/13: DL 4537 GEG-LAX 1 and 2 for 8 open F. Two MVPs upgraded!

7/6/13: DL 4804 LAX-GEG 1 and 2 for 8 open F. Flight cancelled due to no aircraft/crew (Saturday evening after the Asiana incident at SFO and SkyWest apparently decided not to fly this new route in favor of others). Rebooked on DL 183 LAX-SEA on 7/7/13 (confirmed F for both MVPs because of IRROPS) connecting to a QX flight to GEG (with all F seats).
Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
I'm flying SEA->JFK->SVO on DL ('B' fare) next week and am an AS MVPG.
I used my DL miles to upgrade to JFK->SVO segment and ever since that happened, my SEA->JFK segment shows only 'Upgrade eligible' not 'Medallion upgrade requested'
Contacting DL by phone and twitter, they both said that it won't show upgrade requested and will clear at the airport.
That doesn't sound right, does it?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by u2g0d
That doesn't sound right, does it?
No it doesn't. How did it pan out? Wasn't sure if one could use DL miles to upgrade a ticket and credit RDM/EQM to AS. Good to know- but that must have been one spendy B fare...
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
SPG Platinum Members to Start Receiving Upgrades when Flying Delta

DL claims AS MVP/G/75K will have higher priority than SPG Plat but I don't have much faith in that
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I wouldn't argue that SPG Plats are going to see many upgrades out of this from Delta but I don't see the reason for cynicism in managing upgrade priorities. 'The computers' do it for Delta; automatic runs 5+ days in advance right up the the at-airport window, and then GAs let the computers manage upgrades and standbys (including spitting out new BPs at the scanner).
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by CDKing

DL claims AS MVP/G/75K will have higher priority than SPG Plat but I don't have much faith in that
At least, now we have official confirmation that we are pooled with AF/KL elites DL really should prioritize AS elites above AF/KL as they do not offer any form of complimentary upgrades to DL elites. Both airlines give each other EC.

I am pretty sure DL will great a new "UP" group for SPG elites to ensure they fall below AF/KL/AS elites.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 5:57 pm

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Originally Posted by CDKing

At least, now we have official confirmation that we are pooled with AF/KL elites DL really should prioritize AS elites above AF/KL as they do not offer any form of complimentary upgrades to DL elites. Both airlines give each other EC.

I am pretty sure DL will great a new "UP" group for SPG elites to ensure they fall below AF/KL/AS elites.

Great. Well would be nice if they did put AS in its own group and do upgrades before the GA starts boarding...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.