Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dcpdxtrans
This is the continuation of a previous thread on this topic. To view the now-archived thread, please click here.

Consolidated benefits for AS Elites flying DL

MVP
  • 50% Redeemable miles bonus
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • Preferred Seating (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares)
  • Space Available Upgrades (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares) within North America (excluding JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO & ATL-HNL)

MVPG/75K
  • 100% Redeemable miles
  • Zone 1 Boarding
  • Preferred Seating (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares)[this benefit is now stale and no longer can AS elite status obtain preferred seating, rather, only main cabin--on a booking on 8/24/16, a DL agent confirmed this benefit expired previously]
  • Space Available Upgrades (except when booked in Basic Economy (E) fares) within North America (excluding JFK-SEA/LAX/SFO & ATL-HNL)

Not elite specific: If in First on an AS segment or DL, and the ticket is issued by DL, you are entitled to 3 bags at 70 lbs. within the United States & Canada.
Print Wikipost

The Consolidated MVP/G/75K Benefits on Delta Airlines Thread (2013 edition)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
I need some very basic questions answered..

1. SO i book a flight on delta.com flying on delta..i then add in my as mvpg number

2. Do I have to call and then ask for an upgrade to delta?or to be put on some sort of upgrade list? THen hope I get a better seat(i'm guessing i won't be able to get any better seat availability when initially booking on delta.com by using my as#)

3. Is there anything else I would need to do to get the additional benefits of my mvpg on delta flights?
Old May 24, 2013, 9:15 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
DL is generally very good about recognizing AS elite status online.

1. Correct.

2. Once booked, you flights should read Medallion Upgrade Requested when accessing your reservation on delta.com. If they only read Upgrade Eligible, you need to call DL and ask them to look into the notes of your reservation and delete the line "Passenger Declines Complementary Upgrade." Each flight should then read Medallion Upgrade Requested.

You will be able to select preferred seats for no charge both before and after booking. Economy Comfort is not free or discounted for AS elites on flights with domestic service.

3. Download the official Fly Delta app and add your reservation while logged in as a guest. This makes it easier to check in for your flight, get an e-boarding pass if your itinerary is eligible, view upgrade lists which only reflect passengers who've already checked in, and in the event of flight delays, you can choose alternate flights.

Enjoy flying DL, try the Biscoff cookies, and good luck on getting an upgrade.
Old May 24, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
try the Biscoff cookies
Blech. Never understood why those are so popular on FT.

Now Woodford Reserve, on the other hand...
Old May 24, 2013, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by jackal
try the Biscoff cookies
Blech. Never understood why those are so popular on FT.

Now Woodford Reserve, on the other hand...
What's so wrong about them?
Old May 24, 2013, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
What's so wrong about them?
1. They're horribly dry
2. None of the spice flavors in the cookies appeal to me (cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg)

I also despise gingerbread and animal crackers, both of which have some similar characteristics to Biscoff cookies.

I guess it's just me...
Old May 25, 2013, 2:49 am

1. They're horribly dry
2. None of the spice flavors in the cookies appeal to me (cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg)

I also despise gingerbread and animal crackers, both of which have some similar characteristics to Biscoff cookies.

I guess it's just me...
Have you tried the key lime pie version? It hides some of the spice.

Along with Woodford, DL also serves Tequila Avion, which gets good reviews from many people.
Old May 25, 2013, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you tried the key lime pie version? It hides some of the spice.
That might be better than the regular version, but seeing as how I'm also not a fan of key lime pie...
Old May 25, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
1. They're horribly dry
I don't mind the flavor - but they are purely empty carbs
Old May 25, 2013, 10:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by seacarl
1. They're horribly dry
I don't mind the flavor - but they are purely empty carbs
Unfort I'm afraid the same can be said for WR
Old May 25, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfort I'm afraid the same can be said for WR
Not exactly. There's no carbs in WR as alcohol isn't considered a carbohydrate. On the other hand, if you were to say empty calories -- you'd be correct.

As to Biscoff's, I definitely enjoy them, empty carbs or not.
Old May 31, 2013, 2:29 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
I recently booked a DL itin through a TA; flying with a family member in the same reservation.

Went to DL.bomb to add my AS FF number. Status is recognized, able to pick premium seating for me and companion.

ANC - SLC segment lists as: "Not Upgrade Eligible"

Is this because:
a) companion in the same pnr; do I have to split pnr to be upgrade eligible?
b) it is an "X" class fare - new discount economy fare. Maybe this fare class isn't eligible? (delta's website doesn't indicate so, at least not for medalions)
c) some problem with how it was booked by the TA?
Old May 31, 2013, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
I recently booked a DL itin through a TA; flying with a family member in the same reservation.

Went to DL.bomb to add my AS FF number. Status is recognized, able to pick premium seating for me and companion.

ANC - SLC segment lists as: "Not Upgrade Eligible"

Is this because:
a) companion in the same pnr; do I have to split pnr to be upgrade eligible?
b) it is an "X" class fare - new discount economy fare. Maybe this fare class isn't eligible? (delta's website doesn't indicate so, at least not for medalions)
c) some problem with how it was booked by the TA?
a) Companion upgrades on DL are not a benefit for AS elites, so that is likely the problem.
b) X class is definitely eligible for medallion/partner elite upgrades as it is what U/T class was prior to DL's fare class realignment. Even E class is eligible for medallion/partner elite upgrades.
c) This should not be an issue at all; there have been no reports of AS MP members getting reduced earnings on DL flights booked as consolidator fares, so you should get full AS miles.
Old May 31, 2013, 3:11 am

A)

Need to split (note- this also reduces the companions baggage if they don't have status- so be aware )
Old May 31, 2013, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A)

Need to split (note- this also reduces the companions baggage if they don't have status- so be aware )
If that baggage allowance is needed, since upgrades never happen before the gate anyway, is it possible to check in, check baggage, and then have someone (lounge agent, gate agent, phone agent, etc.) split the records after the traveling companion drops his/her bags off?
Old May 31, 2013, 11:45 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

If that baggage allowance is needed, since upgrades never happen before the gate anyway, is it possible to check in, check baggage, and then have someone (lounge agent, gate agent, phone agent, etc.) split the records after the traveling companion drops his/her bags off?
Doable, getting the agent to un-check you both in and splitting the PNR is another story.

Most of the time I am sure they'd be happy to do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.