Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by jackal
Vice versa?
Yes this was my intention.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Vice versa?
D'oh, I was expecting something airline related.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:08 pm

Low-price guarantee & upgrade queue

Does anyone have experience with claiming a credit for a fare difference (low-price guarantee) for an existing reservation and having that impact your place in the upgrade queue?

In other words does your place in the queue reset by claiming a low-price credit (removed from the queue and re-added with a later date)? Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zs58
Does anyone have experience with claiming a credit for a fare difference (low-price guarantee) for an existing reservation and having that impact your place in the upgrade queue?

In other words does your place in the queue reset by claiming a low-price credit (removed from the queue and re-added with a later date)? Thanks!
Yes this is essentially a ticket re-issue, so you will go to the back of the queue in your status band if you claim a LPG
Old Jul 18, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Yes this is essentially a ticket re-issue, so you will go to the back of the queue in your status band if you claim a LPG
That's what I assumed/was afraid of - thanks!
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Does Buying a MVPGold Upgrade Fare Place you on Waitlist at time of purchase?

A given flight currently has no U space available. If, as an MVPG or MVPG-75K I intentionally purchase a higher fare category which would qualify for an instant MVPG upgrade if U space were available, does that mean I am immediately added to the upgrade waitlist at the time of purchase, and therefore will have a higher position on the upgrade list all the way through to the day of flight, as compared to someone who purchased a cheaper fare and is only added to the upgrade list at the T-5 or T-3 window?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by seacarl
A given flight currently has no U space available. If, as an MVPG or MVPG-75K I intentionally purchase a higher fare category which would qualify for an instant MVPG upgrade if U space were available, does that mean I am immediately added to the upgrade waitlist at the time of purchase, and therefore will have a higher position on the upgrade list all the way through to the day of flight, as compared to someone who purchased a cheaper fare and is only added to the upgrade list at the T-5 or T-3 window?
Yes, that is exactly the gist of the discussion way back on page 1 of this thread. You are added on the waitlist instantly while non-instant-upgrade fares are added to the waitlist at their respective upgrade windows.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, that is exactly the gist of the discussion way back on page 1 of this thread. You are added on the waitlist instantly while non-instant-upgrade fares are added to the waitlist at their respective upgrade windows.
and, with an H or above fare (as MVPG), you will clear when U opens even if that is well before the upgrade windows. still it pays to monitor for U, in case it opens and the upgrade processor doesn't run.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
...but if you buy an instant-upgrade fare after the upgrade window has opened (T-120hrs), you don't have any advantage over others booked before you at lower fare classes (beyond the 75K tier advantage if applicable).
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:26 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by seacarl

If you are a 75K - Yes

If you are a Gold - you will be ahead of other Golds and MVPs added at the window, but 75K's - even those added at T-5 or later, will have a higher position.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 3:25 pm

A question about complimentary upgrade

For all other fares:
If you have purchased one of our discounted fares, you will be placed in the upgrade request queue until the eligibility window designated by your elite level. Once you have reached the designated upgrade window, upgrades will be processed in the order that they were placed on the request queue. If an upgrade is available on your flight, you will be upgraded immediately. If there are no upgrades available for your flight, you will be placed on the upgrade waitlist.

I have one question about this answer. How can I place myself in one reservation into the upgrade request queue? Does it happen automatically? Or do I need to click any link? What if I am a MVP and some one in my reservation is just a regular member? Can I just upgrade myself or I lose the privilege to upgrade? Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:08 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Check your reservation at alaskaair.com. It will either say "upgrade requested" or you'll have to click the link at the top of the page to get yourself on the upgrade list.

If there are multiple people on the reservation then all people will have to upgrade or nobody will upgrade. I'm not sure if you can call in and ask them to only put you on the upgrade list.

You may also find this thread useful: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ades-work.html.

Neil
Old Aug 20, 2016, 5:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
If you are an MVP, and you are on the waitlist, your reservation will say "---First Class waitlisted---" As an MVP you can not upgrade or waitlist other persons on your reservation who do not have status nor can you be on the waitlist if another non-status person is on your reservation. As an MVPG or better you can upgrade/waitlist one person on your reservation. In the case of two people on a MVPG reservation it is either both or neither as far as getting an upgrade.

If you have a reservation and you should be on the waitlist, but it is not showing as First Class waitlisted, call CS.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
If you have a reservation and you should be on the waitlist, but it is not showing as First Class waitlisted, call CS.
Actually, call res, not CS. CS can't work on live reservations. I've called CS in the past when something really wrong has gone on with a reservation that res can't fix, and they've put me on hold while they've called res and worked with res to have them straighten it out, but they don't have the ability in their own systems to actually make any changes to a reservation. Only res can.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I had a problem where on the app it showed me and my (non-status) son, on the same reservation, as "waitlisted for first class". The waitlist on the app and at the airport only showed me. I thought that it was just the way it displayed. 2 seats were available to clear and when they were cleared my son was skipped over. When they came on the plane to give me my upgrade I pointed this out (luckily before they told #2 about the upgrade) and they went back, had to do some work to force my son onto the upgrade list, and then cleared him as well. After clearing, the waitlist showed both of us in the proper position with cleared seats.

So, even though it says "waitlisted for first class", if you, or companion, are not showing on the waitlist display, something is wrong...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.