Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines #1 according to FT redemption satisfaction survey

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines #1 according to FT redemption satisfaction survey

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:28 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Thumbs up Alaska Airlines #1 according to FT redemption satisfaction survey

Not sure how I missed this...and I don't see it posted here yet, so maybe most of us missed it.

The Results Are In: Frequent Flyer Program Award Redemption Satisfaction Survey

Main article: Frequent Flyer Program Award Redemption Satisfaction: Which Airlines Soar Above the Rest?
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
How accurate could these surveys be? People are loyal to their respective carriers so they will try their best to be happy with their relationship. And they might not know what else is out there because they feel trapped with the program they are with.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:06 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Xero
How accurate could these surveys be? People are loyal to their respective carriers so they will try their best to be happy with their relationship. And they might not know what else is out there because they feel trapped with the program they are with.
I'll answer that...

The answer is that you do have to take these things with a grain of salt - but there is also no reason for respondents to have answered our survey untruthfully.

In addition to my responsibilities at the magazines, I'm also chief analyst at a research firm and we do a lot of surveying and interviewing.

While there is underreporting in some cases, that will be something that you'll find across the board in a fairly uniform fashion so Alaska Air's results will have the same under or overreporting that the other airlines will have.

In addition, the findings do correlate to some non-related studies I looked at after we finished ours - and also to comments I have read on the various discussion forums here at FT.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Xero
Using that logic, and given that AS is small compared to the big boys, AS should never have a chance. Last I saw, they are #9 in the U.S. rankings. Simply being this small and getting to the top of the list is a very big accomplishment!!

KUDO's to AS. Now waiting for my second award flight to Australia in J to depart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.