Upgrade screwed me out of PreCheck

Subscribe
Had an early morning flight yesterday out of SEA. I had tried to check in the night before, but couldn't - got all the way through the check-in process online, but right before it should have printed my BP, it said "Airport Check-In Required".

I've had this happen before, quite often - apparently when the upgrade is applied, if the upgraded ticket doesn't "associate" with the original ticket properly, they have to print a flight coupon at the airport and attach it to your BP. Which means, that you have to go to an agent, which means - no PreCheck!

(I know, first world problems)

Anyone know how to fix this problem? Can they "associate" the ticket somehow if I call the Gold line, so I can still check in online or at a kiosk? Losing time on an early morning flight to standing in line for my BP, not getting pre-checked, etc. cuts into my ability to get coffee before I board, and NO ONE should be subjected to that.
Upgrade screwed me out of PreCheck
You can still go thru the First Class / gold security line
Yes a bit longer than Pre., but miles shorter than the regular lines.
what a nice problem to have... Having a trip coming in a week, hopefully I can be this lucky..
Quote: Which means, that you have to go to an agent, which means - no PreCheck!
Did you try the PreCheck line? Supposedly they were going to "fix" the barcode issue that causes agent issued BPs not to scan properly (thus leading to the dreaded CLR).
I have this happen when booking mileage upgrades. Something in the system goes awray but not always....just sometimes

If it were a 48 hour instnat upgrade causing me the extra step of going to the airport to check in it wouldnt bother me...I'd be happy just to sit in F

When I am spending and using my miles to upgrade when I book the flight...which even ma and pa kettle can do...that irritates me
hmmm... this explains why myself and another pre check eligible companion both got the red light last week at SEA.

we re-checked bags after international arrival and got BP from the counter agent. wish we'd been told that would make us pre-check ineligible as the checkpoint took almost 20min... way longer than the regular elite line.
Quote: hmmm... this explains why myself and another pre check eligible companion both got the red light last week at SEA.

we re-checked bags after international arrival and got BP from the counter agent. wish we'd been told that would make us pre-check ineligible as the checkpoint took almost 20min... way longer than the regular elite line.
On the AA side many report not getting LLL with international itins
Will AS allow you to reprint a BP at a kiosk? If so, check in with an agent, then go to a kiosk and do a reprint.
I have called the Gold desk and they found the issue and have always been able to "fix" it for me so that I could print from my hotel or by using a kiosk. You could try that also, but hopefully, once the agent issues you a boarding pass just go right around the corner and reprint it as was suggested.
Quote: Will AS allow you to reprint a BP at a kiosk? If so, check in with an agent, then go to a kiosk and do a reprint.
Agreed. Also the horror of such an injustice. Hopefully your whole week wasn't ruined.
I would take an upgrade over PreCheck all day long. PreCheck is a novelty - I don't think it is worth much. Somehow we survived before.
Even with PreCheck, you may have to go through the normal screening process.

Try leaving your house 30m earlier
Quote: Will AS allow you to reprint a BP at a kiosk? If so, check in with an agent, then go to a kiosk and do a reprint.
I had the same thought, but you can't reprint your BP when the flight coupon has to be attached.