Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade screwed me out of PreCheck

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, DL D360

Had an early morning flight yesterday out of SEA. I had tried to check in the night before, but couldn't - got all the way through the check-in process online, but right before it should have printed my BP, it said "Airport Check-In Required".

I've had this happen before, quite often - apparently when the upgrade is applied, if the upgraded ticket doesn't "associate" with the original ticket properly, they have to print a flight coupon at the airport and attach it to your BP. Which means, that you have to go to an agent, which means - no PreCheck!

(I know, first world problems)

Anyone know how to fix this problem? Can they "associate" the ticket somehow if I call the Gold line, so I can still check in online or at a kiosk? Losing time on an early morning flight to standing in line for my BP, not getting pre-checked, etc. cuts into my ability to get coffee before I board, and NO ONE should be subjected to that.
Old May 25, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver,United Miles plus Hawaiian Air AirTran SWA

You can still go thru the First Class / gold security line
Yes a bit longer than Pre., but miles shorter than the regular lines.
Old May 25, 2012, 3:33 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
what a nice problem to have... Having a trip coming in a week, hopefully I can be this lucky..
Old May 25, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by jill5172
Which means, that you have to go to an agent, which means - no PreCheck!
Did you try the PreCheck line? Supposedly they were going to "fix" the barcode issue that causes agent issued BPs not to scan properly (thus leading to the dreaded CLR).
Old May 25, 2012, 4:50 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I have this happen when booking mileage upgrades. Something in the system goes awray but not always....just sometimes

If it were a 48 hour instnat upgrade causing me the extra step of going to the airport to check in it wouldnt bother me...I'd be happy just to sit in F

When I am spending and using my miles to upgrade when I book the flight...which even ma and pa kettle can do...that irritates me
Old May 25, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
hmmm... this explains why myself and another pre check eligible companion both got the red light last week at SEA.

we re-checked bags after international arrival and got BP from the counter agent. wish we'd been told that would make us pre-check ineligible as the checkpoint took almost 20min... way longer than the regular elite line.
Old May 25, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by evoG
hmmm... this explains why myself and another pre check eligible companion both got the red light last week at SEA.

we re-checked bags after international arrival and got BP from the counter agent. wish we'd been told that would make us pre-check ineligible as the checkpoint took almost 20min... way longer than the regular elite line.
On the AA side many report not getting LLL with international itins
Old May 25, 2012, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Will AS allow you to reprint a BP at a kiosk? If so, check in with an agent, then go to a kiosk and do a reprint.
Old May 25, 2012, 6:51 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I have called the Gold desk and they found the issue and have always been able to "fix" it for me so that I could print from my hotel or by using a kiosk. You could try that also, but hopefully, once the agent issues you a boarding pass just go right around the corner and reprint it as was suggested.
Old May 25, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
Will AS allow you to reprint a BP at a kiosk? If so, check in with an agent, then go to a kiosk and do a reprint.
Agreed. Also the horror of such an injustice. Hopefully your whole week wasn't ruined.
Old May 27, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I would take an upgrade over PreCheck all day long. PreCheck is a novelty - I don't think it is worth much. Somehow we survived before.
Old May 27, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Even with PreCheck, you may have to go through the normal screening process.

Try leaving your house 30m earlier
Old May 29, 2012, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM, DL D360
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
I had the same thought, but you can't reprint your BP when the flight coupon has to be attached.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.