Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

changing frequent flyer number after check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

changing frequent flyer number after check-in?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2016, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Hmmm this is really interesting. I'm considering the opposite. Going to be flying AA internationally and using a SWU to upgrade. I want to put my AS number in to earn miles there. Will AA downgrade me if I credit to AS not AA? Same thing with AA domestic, I'm too elite with AA and will use that to secure free elite upgrades. But, I want the flights to
Credit to AS. It's not really cheating since I am AA elite but just want AS eating structure. Thoughts?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It's not really cheating since I am AA elite but just want AS eating structure. Thoughts?
AA sees it differently:

You must include your AAdvantage number in your reservation record for any flight on which you wish to use AAdvantage elite status benefits.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/termsConditions.jsp
Old Sep 25, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
So I have a DL flight in June where I want to check bags (using my AMEX benefit), but I want to earn AS miles so do I leave the DL FF # in the record until after I check my bags and then immediately switch it to the AS FF #? It appears that this can be done relatively easy on the DL website, but I'm not sure if the DL website keeps you from changing FF numbers after check-in (but before boarding).
Delta IT does not generally allow for a ffp change once checkin has occurred.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.