Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

U.S. Certified Angus Beef Cheeseburger – $6 USD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2011, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M , HHONORS Diamond

I just had a look at the on board offerings, and I think it is a pretty good deal for 6 dollars. Although they only offer it above 2.5 hours flight.

When compared to European airlines LH offers only some small bread with cheese on a 2 hour flight and ryanair cup noodles for 9 dollars.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by dschnitz
I just had a look at the on board offerings, and I think it is a pretty good deal for 6 dollars. Although they only offer it above 2.5 hours flight.

When compared to European airlines LH offers only some small bread with cheese on a 2 hour flight and ryanair cup noodles for 9 dollars.
I <3 the burger
Old Jun 25, 2011, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

I think it's offerred on some flights that are a bit shorter than that...it was on PDX-SNA and PDX-LAS.
Old Jun 25, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
The cheeseburger is a pretty good value. Does anybody know what time of day it's offered?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: Focus Programs: Air: AA, AC, AS, WN Hotel: Hyatt, IHG
Considering the other burgers (or any other food) one might get on board or at the airport, it's a well spent $6. My 14-year-old daughter still talks about that burger from our trip to AK in 2009. She's looking forward to it being available when we take another AK trip next summer.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat

Please do not let Ryanair be a frame of reference for any commercial practice or service element for Alaska Airlines or any other U.S. carrier.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M , HHONORS Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Please do not let Ryanair be a frame of reference for any commercial practice or service element for Alaska Airlines or any other U.S. carrier.
Ryanair was given as a bad example to show what some carriers charge in contrast to AS good offer. But apart that both use planes to transport people, they are not equal in anyway.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
NK.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:58 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by steadyASshegoes
The cheeseburger is a pretty good value. Does anybody know what time of day it's offered?
flights departing after 9:30 am heading southbound and (I think) westbound (except Hawaii Markets).
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:07 am

Ryanair was given as a bad example to show what some carriers charge in contrast to AS good offer. But apart that both use planes to transport people, they are not equal in anyway.
Well, comparing an ultra-low-value (cost is usually higher with all their cheats) carrier like LyingAir to any other airline will come out favourable for the later.

But if you compare Alaska with, say, AirAsia, suddenly they aren't all that cheap anymore. (Meals for approx 4-5$, and yes, they are pretty nice)

Plus the sandwich on LH is free And the drink is free. And refill. And even alcohol is free. And it's German beer, not whatever leftovers are sold as beer in other parts of the world.

So.. I hope this silly comparison of airlines having a completely different earning scheme is finished now
Old Jun 27, 2011, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wonderous device: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Hey now AS serves excellent Alaskan Amber and to/from Hawaii Kona Longboard Lager
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I love the cheeseburger but have found the quality inconsistent. Sometimes it's served hot and juicy, as it should be....other times lukewarm, dry, and the bottom bun was petrified (as in seemingly stale, and not that it was afraid of being bitten! ).

I asked for a replacement once in the latter circumstance and got a carbon copy of the originally-issued item. Then I asked for, and received, a refund.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: AS 75k, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by missydarlin
flights departing after 9:30 am heading southbound and (I think) westbound (except Hawaii Markets).

^ thanks missy!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA PLT
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Actually, the burger is offered on the eastbound Hawaii flights - it's a good alternative to the F class meal, particularly if you are leaving an island without catering facilities.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by kenhawk
Actually, the burger is offered on the eastbound Hawaii flights - it's a good alternative to the F class meal, particularly if you are leaving an island without catering facilities.
I wish I had known that for my OGG trip this past April.

I was less than impressed with the FC meal (sorry Chef Cliff, but it sucked) and would have gladly had the burger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.