Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Question about Remaining Airtran Points during Conversion to Southwest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Airtran has let me know that Airtran credits will be converted to Southwest credits. How will Airtran handle the unconverted points that were earned on the Airtran credit card? Will these points be converted to Southwest points if nothing is done with them? Or are these points just part of Chase's system and not officially affiliated with Airtran?
Old May 5, 2014, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by guflyer
Airtran has let me know that Airtran credits will be converted to Southwest credits. How will Airtran handle the unconverted points that were earned on the Airtran credit card? Will these points be converted to Southwest points if nothing is done with them? Or are these points just part of Chase's system and not officially affiliated with Airtran?
Southwest has also announced that sometime before November 1 existing Airtran Credit Cards will be converted to Southwest Rapid rewards Credit Cards. How and partial credits will be handled has not as far as I know not been spelled out.

That may be a question for Chase. Chase may clarify that when then new cards are issued.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; May 8, 2014 at 9:03 am
Old May 7, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Hope this isn't too off topic, but what about a biz upgrade that hasn't been used? I'm guess that it will just be lost...
Old May 7, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by DWooderson
Hope this isn't too off topic, but what about a biz upgrade that hasn't been used? I'm guess that it will just be lost...
No, upgrades will be converted to 4 credits and then 4800 Southwest points. You can get more information at rewardsfarther.com
Old May 8, 2014, 10:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Ah ok great, thanks for the link

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.