Search

Code Share Coming

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Code Share Coming

This showed up yesterday:

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2...-airways.html/

A thread addressing this already appeared on the WN forum.

Can I sign up to be a beta tester on 12/26? I am really anxious to use my multiple VDB's for travel to destinations no longer served by FL metal. Early booking would really help my Spring schedule

Any advice would be appreciated

Tnx
Old Jan 27, 2013, 8:36 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Seems WN is approaching codeshare in the same bizarre way it is approaching integration : slowly and incrementally.

You can now book FL metal on the WN website for ATL-FLL. Prices are identical on both sites, however if you book on the WN site there are no bag fees and no change fees and seat assignment can only be done at T-24.

If you are not FL elite and do not plan on upgrading to business class, it would make more sense to book the flight on the WN site than the FL site.

I do not believe there are yet any WN flights that can be booked on the FL site.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: I fly for free.
You may book ORF/SDF -> ATL -> FLL/RSW vice-versa right now on both websites.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

PA42

Pse PM me

I got my SEA tix done
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:16 am

can you book airtran flights through Southwest's website and be able to book a companion seat using the companion pass?
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by lougord99
Seems WN is approaching codeshare in the same bizarre way it is approaching integration : slowly and incrementally.

You can now book FL metal on the WN website for ATL-FLL. Prices are identical on both sites, however if you book on the WN site there are no bag fees and no change fees and seat assignment can only be done at T-24.

If you are not FL elite and do not plan on upgrading to business class, it would make more sense to book the flight on the WN site than the FL site.

I do not believe there are yet any WN flights that can be booked on the FL site.
What I find more interesting is what will happen to those who book Business Select on WN when it comes time to select a seat - will they be able to select a Business Class seat? The price for Business Class on FL and the Business Select fare on WN are identical.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:58 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct
What I find more interesting is what will happen to those who book Business Select on WN when it comes time to select a seat - will they be able to select a Business Class seat? The price for Business Class on FL and the Business Select fare on WN are identical.
If someone from the WN side would try booking it using RR points there's no risk in experimenting.

After the receipt is generated there is *supposed* to be a button to select seats on the Airtran leg.

Glad to see I'm not the only one curious about this. Combine the double points promo with BS bonus and getting BC on the Airtran leg might be something worthwhile.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:07 pm

Email received from FL:

We are excited to announce today that Southwest Airlines® and AirTran® Airways have begun to connect their route networks! As a result, this important milestone in the ongoing integration process now enables you to purchase a connected itinerary through both AirTran or Southwest channels and travel on a single itinerary.

Now, you have the ability to book one or more Southwest flight segments connecting to an AirTran itinerary when using AirTran channels. And, as an A+ Rewards Member, you will be able to earn A+ Rewards Credits for these connected itineraries.

Now when you use a Southwest® booking channel, you can add one or more AirTran domestic flight segments to a Southwest itinerary. In addition, you can also book an AirTran-only domestic itinerary through Southwest channels and add International AirTran segments to a Southwest itinerary though a Customer-friendly transfer of the transaction to AirTran channels for booking, purchasing, and ticketing by AirTran. Since loyalty program rewards are determined by the carrier from which you buy your ticket, all itineraries booked via Southwest channels will earn Rapid Rewards Points for your shared itinerary. If you haven’t done so already, we would like to encourage you to join the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Program.

A+ Rewards Members will also be able to redeem A+ Rewards Credits for reward flights on network connected itineraries purchased through AirTran channels. And, Rapid Rewards Members will be able to redeem points or awards for shared flights purchased through Southwest channels.

For more information and a list of Frequently Asked Questions about shared itinerary flights through both AirTran and Southwest channels, please visit here. http://www.southwest.com/html/custom...k_connectivity

Thank you for your continued loyalty. We look forward to seeing you onboard an AirTran or Southwest flight soon.

Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Phoenixtinct
From WN:

AirTran has assigned seating. Advanced seat assignments are not available. Customers who purchase an AirTran segment on Southwest channels will be assigned a seat at the time of check in.

If you purchase a shared itinerary that includes both Southwest and AirTran segments via Southwest booking channels, you must upgrade your entire one-way trip to a Business Select fare to be seated in Business Class on the AirTran segment of your trip.

...by purchasing a Business Select fare, you will receive Business Class on your AirTran-operated flight. Your seat will be automatically assigned in Business Class at the time of check in.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 9:50 am

Culled from the New Testament:

Fees for the first and second checked bag will be waived for any itinerary purchased through an AirTran channel that includes a Southwest segment.

All other fee charges will be based on the fee structure for the carrier with which the customer makes the booking.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by mke9499
..by purchasing a Business Select fare, you will receive Business Class on your AirTran-operated flight. Your seat will be automatically assigned in Business Class at the time of check in.
FL Elite upgrades being thus diminished.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by LegalTender
FL Elite upgrades being thus diminished.
But, it's really no different than someone booking FL's BC. BS and BC fares are identical in cost, for the same flight.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:21 pm

But, it's really no different than someone booking FL's BC. BS and BC fares are identical in cost, for the same flight.
As if BS regulars in a given city pair will stay with WN over FL.

Of course this makes a difference.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
From WN:
Thanks, mke9499, I hadn't seen that.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
Well, if a Business Select passenger is paying the same as a BC fare, why not let them get access to BC. Maybe it will expose the benefits to a wider array of passengers .

I would resent it if WN elites got the same elite free upgrades though at our expense. I dont mind them getting secondary preference for upgrades. If seats are available, let them enjoy them.

The upgrade policy of Airtran is ridiculously easy as it is. I actually think they made it too easy to become elite. I dont need Delta level elite toughness, but a middle ground would be nice .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.