Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Originally Posted by msp2msy
The agent confirmed that they should be treated as a normal upgrade voucher, namely that:
* You request them at 24 hours before flying.
* They may be used on multiple segments on the one-way (not round-trip).
Bottom line: Ask Airtran A+ rewards desk to check the notes on your account!
Best of all for me... All 12 seats up front are open on the seat map for my MCO-SJU flight on Friday and a request to buy 8 seats up front appears to be pricing. Thinking my odds are good.
Just called in and upgraded my wife and me for tomorrow's flight. My reservation shows 2A and hers 2C. The agent had a little trouble with hers for some reason but it eventually went through...perhaps something to do with the Citi TY points we used to book this one.
I will be calling on Monday as there is no sign of the biz upgrades and no email and I'm at the 8 week mark. Something about Airtran only noting the screen and not sending an email, or not being able to view online, well it just doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. There should be a definitive notice that we got our upgrades, like the promo said. JMHO.
ok gang here is the story on the biz class upgrades "upon first use" that arrive 6 - 8 weeks after first use:
1. was told to call Airtran A+ rewards
2. called there was switched to reservations
3. reservations didn't know why they switch me to them, was switched back over to A+ rewards
4. vouchers will not show up on the Airtran website even though there is a place for that on the website
5. my vouchers were in my account since Nov. 28.
6. vouchers expire in 1 year
7. voucher numbers are 14 digits long
8. voucher numbers have an additional 4-digit activation code
9. i suggest you write down your voucher numbers and activation code. my activation code is the same 4-digit pin for both voucher numbers
10. they say chase was supposed to send an email. i never got the email
so that's about all. it would sure be nice if the vouchers showed up on the website and you didn't have to be left in the dark, and then wonder, and then call. i would think it would save them a ton of phone calls, JMHO
My 64 credits were also reduced to 32. I called A+ Rewards this morning and was given the discount code and cert numbers for the upgrades over the phone. Like everyone else I was told to book the airfare and then call within 24 hours of the flight to use the upgrade certs (if space is available). I'll have to be careful and only book flights with lots of FC seats as these typically sell out really fast on Airtran because how cheap a2b upgrades are on Airtran. It's a bit of a roll of the dice that would have been good to know going into this but 2 free tickets is still a bargain!