Search

Best Strategy for Expiring Credits?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 9:45 am
GB
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Best Strategy for Expiring Credits?

I have 8 credits expiring in August and September. I am currently elite, but these were earned before I became elite. I don't want to pay to extend them. Are there any strategies (other than using them before they expire) to save the value?
Thanks
Old May 29, 2012, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by GB
I have 8 credits expiring in August and September. I am currently elite, but these were earned before I became elite. I don't want to pay to extend them. Are there any strategies (other than using them before they expire) to save the value?
Thanks
I had the same scenario and opted to convert the expiring credits into a voucher. Though no longer usable toward an award ticket, each four-credit voucher is valid for a period of one year, from date of issue, and can be used for an upgrade to BC. Since you are elite, you can do this 48 hours before scheduled departure.
Old May 29, 2012, 2:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
As an elite, you could transfer them for free to someone who could use them before they expire, if that helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.