Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Airtran Airways | A+ Rewards
Reload this Page >

Have a AirTran Credit, Can I USe on SWA?/

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Gold

I have a credit from a cancelled AirTran flight back in February and I want to use it on SWA. Is this possible yet? I don't see a way to do it online.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by MCI777
I have a credit from a cancelled AirTran flight back in February and I want to use it on SWA. Is this possible yet? I don't see a way to do it online.
There is no way to do it online as far as I know.

Call Airtran Customer Service. I have heard that they will sometimes convert Airtran Credits to Southwest credits.

Please report you sucess.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Gold
I called this morning and they converted to SWA. 7-10 days for the conversion process.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by MCI777
I called this morning and they converted to SWA. 7-10 days for the conversion process.
Thank You. It's great to have confirmation tha this is possible.

Are they issuing you a LUV voucher?

Did it reset the expiration date? You may not know until you actually get confirmation.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: HH, NWA
Just spent an hour on the phone with AirTran and SW. They're converting our AirTran vouchers to SW, but it will take "up to 30 days". "Nothing more they can do"......

What BS. We were ready to use the AirTran vouchers and are basically told they can't be used now for 30 days. Who knows what the ticket prices will be then????? They made it sound like they're doing us a favor, that they could have just merged and not honored the AirTran vouchers..........................pathetic!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by bou hunter
Just spent an hour on the phone with AirTran and SW. They're converting our AirTran vouchers to SW, but it will take "up to 30 days". "Nothing more they can do"......

What BS. We were ready to use the AirTran vouchers and are basically told they can't be used now for 30 days. Who knows what the ticket prices will be then????? They made it sound like they're doing us a favor, that they could have just merged and not honored the AirTran vouchers..........................pathetic!
I actually just happened to get the same response. Unfortunately, the voucher expires before the 30 days and so it cannot be converted. Anyone have any suggestions? I was wondering if it was possible to buy a refundable ticket with the voucher (plus cash) and then cancel the reservation. Would the refund be in the form of a credit or would they refund each separately (and thus not solve the expiry date problem)?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by DaveN92
I actually just happened to get the same response. Unfortunately, the voucher expires before the 30 days and so it cannot be converted. Anyone have any suggestions? I was wondering if it was possible to buy a refundable ticket with the voucher (plus cash) and then cancel the reservation. Would the refund be in the form of a credit or would they refund each separately (and thus not solve the expiry date problem)?
I'm pretty sure any refund would be in the form of an Airtran credit expiring on the same date as the voucher

All I can suggest is call the Southwest Customer Relations number at 214-932-0333 Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm CT.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I'm pretty sure any refund would be in the form of an Airtran credit expiring on the same date as the voucher

All I can suggest is call the Southwest Customer Relations number at 214-932-0333 Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm CT.
Thanks. Appreciate the response. I spoke with several customer relation reps and they all indicated there wasn't anything that could be done to salvage the voucher, aside from flying before the expiration date.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by DaveN92
Thanks. Appreciate the response. I spoke with several customer relation reps and they all indicated there wasn't anything that could be done to salvage the voucher, aside from flying before the expiration date.
That pretty much sux.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.