Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Little Debbie coupons

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Little Debbie coupons

When the $10 Little Debbie coupons were available, my family used four of them on four one way tickets from Boston to Milwaukee for the weekend of August 8th. The use of these vouchers was shown as "confirmed" when we booked these flights months ago.

When we attempted to check in at Boston Airport August 8th., the ticket counter demanded an extra $10 collection because the Little Debbie coupons were retroactively disallowed.

Anyone else have this same problem? If so, please PM me and we can discuss what we might do about it. Once a ticket is sold and a coupon discount applied, I am aware of nothing in the law or the administrative regulations that allows it to be retroactively disallowed.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by LegalEagle
When we attempted to check in at Boston Airport August 8th., the ticket counter demanded an extra $10 collection because the Little Debbie coupons were retroactively disallowed.
Interesting. I wonder what would have happened if you would have checked in online.

I have not experienced this issue.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 9:37 am

Wow. I used the Little Debbie discounts on many flights earlier this year and never had any troubles.

"Retroactively disallowed" - that is very puzzling and troubling. Call AirTran and let us know what you hear.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: Airtran A+ Elite, SPG Preferred Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold, AGR
When the $10 Little Debbie coupons were available, my family used four of them on four one way tickets from Boston to Milwaukee for the weekend of August 8th. The use of these vouchers was shown as "confirmed" when we booked these flights months ago.

Anyone else have this same problem? If so, please PM me and we can discuss what we might do about it. Once a ticket is sold and a coupon discount applied, I am aware of nothing in the law or the administrative regulations that allows it to be retroactively disallowed.
I have never been told that on any airtran discount i used, even when i used the $25 off coupons on a $25 flight last year. I also used multiple little debbie coupons for travel this year. I would definitely call customer service and ask them. I do vaguely recall that possibly you had to fly by the end of july for the coupon to be valid though? If that's correct maybe that is why.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by jftino
I do vaguely recall that possibly you had to fly by the end of july for the coupon to be valid though? If that's correct maybe that is why.
Even if that were the case, that should have been determined during the booking process.

In my opinion, once the ticket is booked and paid for I don't see how you can retroactively change the price of the ticket.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 2:53 pm

Programs: Airtran A+ Elite, SPG Preferred Plus, Hilton HHonors Gold, AGR
Originally Posted by RajonRondo
Even if that were the case, that should have been determined during the booking process.

In my opinion, once the ticket is booked and paid for I don't see how you can retroactively change the price of the ticket.
I totally agree with you there. I know i used a coupon once for 25 off that expired dec 31 and i used it for a mid jan date. they didnt say anything and the system took it, so i thought nothing more of it.

I would definitely call and complain.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by RajonRondo
Wow. I used the Little Debbie discounts on many flights earlier this year and never had any troubles.

"Retroactively disallowed" - that is very puzzling and troubling. Call AirTran and let us know what you hear.
I too, used it several times earlier in the year. No problems.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:21 pm

Yes, I had this exact same problem this past weekend, also flying from Boston. However, I discovered it in advance when I tried to check in online, and it asked for an additional $10.

I just called the 800 number, they said that there was some 'problem' with the billing system and that they would have to revalidate the coupon. It took them a minute or two to figure out how to do that, but once they did it, I was able to check in without any problem.

I had to do this on the return trip from Baltimore as well(I had booked 2 one way flights)

So I would just call the 800 number and complain and see if that works.

I had previously used a number of Little Debbie coupons without any problem.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by misterchimpy
Yes, I had this exact same problem this past weekend, also flying from Boston. However, I discovered it in advance when I tried to check in online, and it asked for an additional $10.
I recall a somewhat similar problem a few months ago. I had upgraded using credits the night before. No coupons involved.

During OLCI, the system asked for an additional $10.00. I called and the CSR made the necessary adjustments, I checked in without incident.
Old Aug 13, 2010, 2:21 pm

Same Little Debbie "issue" during online check-in for my flight earlier this week. When I called, the rep I spoke with was familiar with the problem (she said the promotion is "reapplied" during the check-in process, and it was reapplying incorrectly.) She did a fix, which did not work, and I had to call back. The second rep just issued a manual credit so I could check-in. Quite the hassle for everyone IMO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.