Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Kingfisher flights cancelled as oil companies stop fuel supply [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kingfisher flights cancelled as oil companies stop fuel supply [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
spoke to my ta this morning....they told me that kingfisher has sent in a list of flights that they will be cancelling or have already cancelled....so according to my ta it was safe to book on all their remaining flights....i'm still a little skeptical....lets see how the next few days or weeks unfold....
Old Nov 19, 2011, 1:52 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Hmm, seems like my BOM-CCU flight will be safe, but this does still make me nervous
Old Nov 19, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
A lovely 1-sided collection of statistics which mean absolutely nothing. Well done Kingfisher ^^. If anyone is stupid enough to give them money after seeing that, they deserve to lose it.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 10:07 pm

This is interesting. The numbers suggest that they are operationally more efficient (higher margins) than Jet on domestic routes. Even withing IT, the domestic routes are more efficient than the international routes. Yet, most IT cancellations have been on their domestic routes.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Believe the IT agent or the IT pdf schedule?

I'm scheduled to fly on IT4429 on December 25th from BLR to COK. The pdf file with the schedule as of November 18th does not list this flight. If you try to book a ticket on this flight on the Kingfisher website, it says the flight is sold out. A Kingfisher agent assured me the flight is still scheduled to run. I am inclined to believe the pdf file and not the agent: is my inclination wrong?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 11:57 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by car94102
I'm scheduled to fly on IT4429 on December 25th from BLR to COK. The pdf file with the schedule as of November 18th does not list this flight. If you try to book a ticket on this flight on the Kingfisher website, it says the flight is sold out. A Kingfisher agent assured me the flight is still scheduled to run. I am inclined to believe the pdf file and not the agent: is my inclination wrong?
Your inclination seems reasonable and likely.

Whether it is correct, I guess you'll only know when your flight gets cancelled/takes off
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:10 am

List of cancelled king fisher flight details ?

Hi All,

Does any one of you have the full list of cancelled flights ?

I really worried about by booking as traveling with 2 small kids...

Thanks
Joe
Old Nov 22, 2011, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by jomymg
Hi All,

Thanks
Joe
Download the pdf from the attached link and check if your flight is listed as active there.

Good luck.

http://www.flykingfisher.com/pdf/Fli...vember2011.pdf
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:24 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by jomymg
Hi All,

Thanks
Joe
Here is an update on the route network I just updated

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...rom-12-cities/
Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
Hmm, seems like my BOM-CCU flight will be safe, but this does still make me nervous

Based on the schedule available as pdf on their website, it appears that KF has cancelled their afternoon BOM-CCU flight. I believe it is IT 513. Please check and verify.

Good luck.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by Maji
Based on the schedule available as pdf on their website, it appears that KF has cancelled their afternoon BOM-CCU flight. I believe it is IT 513. Please check and verify.

Good luck.
Yes you are right, afternoon flight is gone but my morning flight IT511 is still fine
Old Nov 24, 2011, 6:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Reuters, ET and WSJ report that AerCap is repo-ing 2 leased A320...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...578919936.html
Old Nov 25, 2011, 4:21 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002

This reminds me of MX (Mexicana de Aviation) bankruptcy. Lessors started repossessing aircraft and 2 weeks later MX was gone... I do hope it will not happen to IT...
Old Nov 25, 2011, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just got this email from kingfisher:

Dear Mr. Keyser,

Every King Mile counts and that is why we have the best and widest reward opportunities for you.

In the next 4 months, we will be completing our integration with oneworld. What it means for you is that you now have access to the network of 11 airlines including American Airlines, Cathay Pacific and British Airways. A host of exciting benefits awaits you and your membership level with us will be that much more invaluable.

There is the most rewarding and generous reward network on all our flights, lounge access, upgrade to Kingfisher First. Do take advantage of our conversion offer valid till 30th November 2011 to reach to your desired reward even faster.

Simply convert partner points equivalent to 5000 King Miles or above before 30th November 2011 to get 20% extra King Miles. That is not all, convert points equal to 100,000 King Miles and avail a complimentary Kingfisher Class/Red ticket to the destination of your choice.

For more details, click here.

Yours truly,

Anshu Sarin
Vice President
Guest Loyalty and Kingfisher Holidays
i love the way they keep sending these emails as if nothing is wrong....wonder what issues their current financial woes will bring up when it comes to their one world membership....
Old Nov 25, 2011, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002

Originally Posted by TPJ
This reminds me of MX (Mexicana de Aviation) bankruptcy. Lessors started repossessing aircraft and 2 weeks later MX was gone... I do hope it will not happen to IT...
while not disputing the financial state of IT, another article states that the lease is due to expire in three months and hence the repo... of course the claim is made by IT officials

IT's Repos Article
"According to Kingfisher Airlines, AerCap had two aircraft coming up for renewal in the next 3 months and they could not agree on mutually acceptable extension terms."

"Senior management professionals at UB Group said that they were discussing for a 10 per cent reduction in lease rental for the renewal on which they could not agree. On an average 11-13 per cent of the aircraft cost is paid as lease rental depending on the age of the aircraft."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.