Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Finnair (AY) matching AB and LH elites (sort of)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat

https://www.finnair.com/de/gb/finnair-plus-tier-match

Instant silver status (Oneworld Ruby) and gold challenge/fast track 40 000 points or 23 segments to keep it by March 2018!

Incase anyone is interested

It does state they need proof of status and last 12months flight records!

Also on VFTW blog (no connection to me)
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: TopBonus, Miles&More
thanks for the tip. I have filed for the gold challenge and will report back. I'll also ask after a 'platinum challenge'.

Anyone have info on other OW program status matches? BA for example?

cheers,
William
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by William13
thanks for the tip. I have filed for the gold challenge and will report back. I'll also ask after a 'platinum challenge'.

Anyone have info on other OW program status matches? BA for example?

cheers,
William
BA will not offer status matches.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: TopBonus, Miles&More
Originally Posted by rapidex
yes, that is my assumption - but a boy can dream!

Still haven't heard back from the Finns. Considering going the LATAM route.

thoughts?

cheers,
William
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Talking

Originally Posted by William13
yes, that is my assumption - but a boy can dream!

Still haven't heard back from the Finns. Considering going the LATAM route.

thoughts?

cheers,
William
Have you checked your account to see if the match was done? I have heard that in typical Finnair style matches have been processed without any communication to the member so check your account if you applied for a match and see if your account shows silver
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:39 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by rapidex
At some point, after AB ends up out of Oneworld, one way or the other, I anticipate that BA will.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
At some point, after AB ends up out of Oneworld, one way or the other, I anticipate that BA will.
As I recall they did not when Malev went bust, but it was awhile ago so not positive my memory works that far
Old Sep 22, 2017, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
As I recall they did not when Malev went bust, but it was awhile ago so not positive my memory works that far
Correct. Only Finnair, JAL, and (ironically) airberlin offered status matches when Malév collapsed:

Originally Posted by oneworld
Members of Malév Hungarian Airlines Duna Club are able to retain their oneworld frequent flyer status, thanks to special offers being made by a number of the alliance's other airlines.

With Malév suspending all services indefinitely earlier this month (for further details, click here), Finnair and Japan Airlines are inviting Duna Club members to switch frequent flyer programmes, and enjoy the same level of services and benefits within the oneworld programme to which they were entitled as Malév Duna Club members. So too is airberlin, which will join oneworld on 20 March.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:04 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yes, but Malev elites on BA flights seemed to be a drop in the bucket on BA flights compared to even AB elites on BA flights.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
Have you checked your account to see if the match was done? I have heard that in typical Finnair style matches have been processed without any communication to the member so check your account if you applied for a match and see if your account shows silver
Submitted AB Silver to FinnAir for the status match on September 14. Logged in today and saw where status had been updated overnight to Silver.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
They didn't when Malev went,and I haven't heard of any status matches in the last 10 years.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by xichang08
Submitted AB Silver to FinnAir for the status match on September 14. Logged in today and saw where status had been updated overnight to Silver.
here too; submitted on the 17th. Thanks to the OP for pointing out the match.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Just put of curiosity for those that have been approved did you get a email from Finnair re the match? We're your accounts pure matched accounts or did you actually have flights credited to AB?

A family member applied but while they have alot of OW flights they did not credit them to AB for some odd reason but no reply from AY so assuming she's SOL
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, AF Silver, IHG Gold, Sixt Plat,
Also curious if anyone has actually received any confirmation of receipt from Finnair.

I requested my match on the 16th of September and haven't heard a single peep nor as my account been upgraded.

I sent them a friendly reminder today asking for a status update.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tsolaaa
Also curious if anyone has actually received any confirmation of receipt from Finnair.

I requested my match on the 16th of September and haven't heard a single peep nor as my account been upgraded.

I sent them a friendly reminder today asking for a status update.
Finnair does MANY things well and some things great BUT communication is NOT one of those

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.