Search

Iberia VIP Lounge Paris Orly

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Iberia VIP Lounge Paris Orly

I'll be flying ORY - TXL - ORY.

I'm topbonus Gold.

Can we use the Iberia Lounge In ORY, although it's in ORY West and AB is flying from ORY South? The lounge is supposed to be airside and should be open to one world status clients. I mean ORY is ORY in the end, right?

Another question regarding TXL lounges. From my understanding we can use the BA lounge (as one world status clients) and the Air France lounge (As AB topbonus gold) and the exclusive waiting area of AB. Is there any issue with lounge hopping? Any recommendations on which lounge is better right now (BA vs. AF)?

Thank you!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:56 am

Programs: TK Elite, LH FTL
Originally Posted by JamesMcGill
Another question regarding TXL lounges. From my understanding we can use the BA lounge (as one world status clients) and the Air France lounge (As AB topbonus gold) and the exclusive waiting area of AB. Is there any issue with lounge hopping? Any recommendations on which lounge is better right now (BA vs. AF)?
Both the AF and the BA lounge will stamp your boarding pass in an attempt to prevent 'lounge hopping'. I'm not sure what will happen if you insist that you want to use both. In my view, they are pretty similar in terms of their offerings. You can definitively use the exclusive waiting area and one of the lounges for the same flight, which might make sense if your flight leaves from the makeshift terminal that serves most AB flights (and which has no 'proper' lounges).
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:27 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
there is really no difference between AF and BA lounge and no sense for lounge hopping. I still try to find out which one is better, but cannot decide. Every time I try the other one than last time. One might suggest that the cake in the BA lounge in the afternoon is a plus, whereas in the morning you might find the AF breakfast offering more tasty, although both are not lounges where you want to spend more time than necessary.
If you want to hop into the other lounge use the mobile boarding pass which cannot be stamped.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gkl
If you want to hop into the other lounge use the mobile boarding pass which cannot be stamped.
Oh that's so cunning! (but a great idea )
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, I wasn't worried about the stamping. Didn't use a printed for years on intra-European flights...

Anyways, any times on ORY?
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by JamesMcGill
I'll be flying ORY - TXL - ORY.

Can we use the Iberia Lounge In ORY, although it's in ORY West and AB is flying from ORY South? The lounge is supposed to be airside and should be open to one world status clients. I mean ORY is ORY in the end, right?
Not sure about this. Orly Ouest and Orly Sud are definitely two separate buildings, connected landside by OrlyVal. No idea about the arrangement airside.

Now the IB lounge, as far as I remember is landside Orly Ouest. So in theory, it should be possible to use it. However, it's probably not very convenient, unless you are really very early, because you'll have to go landside to terminal Sud, go through security, go to gate - which takes quite while.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 6:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Both the AF and the BA lounge will stamp your boarding pass in an attempt to prevent 'lounge hopping'
Well, a passenger can print out his boarding pass twice.
Moreover, a boarding pass on a mobile phone cannot be stamped either.

TopBonus Golds (on AB operated flights) apparently can also access the BA and AF Lounge in TXL. They stamp. However, nothing prevents the pax to print out the pass twice.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 8:30 am

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
On ORY I can confirm you that the Lounge is airside close to "Gate/Porte A" you will have to take the lift to go up.

The trip between the 2 terminals with the little train called OrlyVal takes 2 minutes and between the terminal the ride is free.

The OrlyVal stops at "Porte/Gate C" of each terminal. Allow 10 minutes to do the trip each way (walk+Orlyval).

If you take the latest flight to Berlin in the evening, controls are not an issue (less than 10 mn).

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/passa...lans-terminaux

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.