Wiki Posts
Search

APIS and Secure Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

APIS and Secure Flight

Hello.

I am flying AirBerlin for the first time in February and have an obscure question. I'm not even sure if it's important, so forgive me if not. I've contacted AirBerlin several times, and they never seem to understand what I'm talking about.

I'm a U.S. citizen and will be flying from JFK to Rome and back in February. On AirBerlin's booking page on their site, there is a small button I can click that allows me to amend/add information to my APIS/Secure Flight data if necessary. I've never had to fill this out before (or had even heard of it). I was happy to fill it out, but it includes two portions:

1. Passport
2. Destination

It will not allow me to enter a Destination other than "USA," even though I'm traveling to Italy and back to the USA. I cannot enter my Passport information without entering a Destination. I am happy to enter "USA" for my return flight, but for my flight to Italy, there is no Destination option.

Is this a big deal? Is it something that can be handled at check-in? Something I shouldn't even be worrying about? AirBerlin's apparent confusion at my question seems to indicate it's a non-issue, but I want to be sure as I haven't flown to Europe in years.

Thank you.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 12:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
APIS and Secure Flight

Don't worry about it. Their website is dysfunctional. You can enter it when you do online check-in or at airport.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Wow, thank you! That's good to know. I was wondering...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.