Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Niki in MAD - what terminal from VIE?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2015, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

What terminal does the Niki VIE-MAD (HG8980) 6:55-9:55 come into?

Booking an award flight in business for my (senior) mother- her first time flying internationally alone and she's a little scared.

I have a choice of putting her on AA 37 at 12:20 to Dallas or IB 6275 at 11:35 to ORD. The IB flight would probably be more comfortable and ORD is a better connection (sister lives there in case something goes wrong) but I can't tell if she's going to have enough connection time. She does not move fast.

From looking at http://madrid-mad.worldairportguides.com/terminals.php it looks like both the long haul AA and IB will be from 4S, but Niki is not listed anywhere there and Air Berlin arrives at...T2!?
Old Dec 6, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Hi chestnutmt

Type 'HG8980' into a Google search and it shows that the flight arrives at T4, which I'm pretty sure is correct.

Unfortunately, your mother will have to transfer to the T4S satellite terminal for a flight to the USA.

Last edited by headingwest; Dec 6, 2015 at 2:43 pm
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:26 pm
Original Poster

I was suspecting it was T4 but worried it came into T2 with Air Berlin.

I've never transferred through MAD but from what I see online T4 to T4S shouldn't be too bad of a walk for her...doable within 90 minutes even with a bad hip.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
The train between T4 and T4S is quite easy to use and I don't think it would be a major problem. The airport is a bit disorientating though. Couldn't you request special assistance for your mother?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Yes, that's probably what I'll need to do. thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.