Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

1 Year of Travel - Airline Lost Backpack, Need Help!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 Year of Travel - Airline Lost Backpack, Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2015, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
You're aware that AB's most fierce competitor (LH group) is having the same limits (8kg!) , and is enforcing them much more strict (since the "Light" fare introduction within LH group) than AB?

It might be normal to carry half your household with yourself in the US, it's not in Europe.
For LH it would be 6 times a year.

Old Sep 3, 2015, 10:06 am

why dont you just remove that half kilo and weight that bag again? that would work
Old Nov 20, 2015, 11:23 pm

I'm another one of those whose bag was lost by AB. It took exactly two weeks to get it back (after many phone calls and emails to try to organize the shipping). The bag was only supposed to fly from France to DUS, but by the time it was found we had already traveled onward to Australia. It wasn't delivered to us either; instead we had to go pick it up at the nearest airport (which wasn't very near at all). The whole experience showed what a subpar airline AB is, and now we'd like to make a claim for compensation for the days we had to travel without luggage (less than the whole two weeks). An AB customer service rep at DUS mentioned that we can claim up to 70 euro per day, but I can't figure out how to do that and whom to address the claim to. Any advice?

Never mind, I found the online form for lost baggage. Does anyone here have experience with this kind of complaint? AB were not very responsive when we were trying to find out where our bag was (they kept referring us to the company that deals with their baggage as they don't do it directly). Do they behave differently with after-the-fact complaints? Somehow I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by honu; Nov 21, 2015 at 2:48 am Reason: Additional info
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
As i got no reply after they lost my bag i wrote to their facebook team - it worked a treat, everything got solved (in very positive way) in two days - after weeks of waiting before! so if you have any problems, write to their FB team ([email protected]).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.