Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

AB: Couldn't check in online, denied boarding

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AB: Couldn't check in online, denied boarding

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:48 am

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
Originally Posted by sadguy
What i'm concerned about is the error when I tried to check in online

It is not possible to Check-in online for this booking. Please proceed to the airport Check-in desks. (NOVALIDTICKETS)

are they known to do that when your visa got cancelled?
Forget about the website, in your shoes I would be focused on finding out exactly why you were taken off the plane despite having been given a boarding pass and what that means with respect to your ability to travel (at all) in the future.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 2:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Since you were issued a boarding pass, my guess is that you did have valid tickets, but the NOVALIDTICKETS message concerns me. Did you buy tickets from a broker, use someone else's FF miles, airline employee travel privileges, or credit card?

As others have stressed, to help we need to know passport, country of residence, and exact routing.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I have a feeling at this point, the OP just doesn't feel like giving us his information on routing, etc.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:16 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Since you were issued a boarding pass, my guess is that you did have valid tickets, but the NOVALIDTICKETS message concerns me. Did you buy tickets from a broker, use someone else's FF miles, airline employee travel privileges, or credit card?
Trying to decipher this is a dead end. From what I recall last year, I get this even for a host of various reasons including itinerary not available for online check-in to online check-in window closed. Ticket is valid; airport was able to check-in without hassle. At AB, NOVALIDTICKETS is a generic error response.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 11:46 am
Original Poster

I wonder if my visa information went thru despite NOVALIDTICKETS error? Woman at check in desk gave me boarding pass but didn't put my visa and she told me that I supposed to do it online, which I tried to do...
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: Centurion, Lan Platinum, ANA Mileage Club, HHonors D, SPG G
I wonder if my visa information went thru despite NOVALIDTICKETS error? Woman at check in desk gave me boarding pass but didn't put my visa and she told me that I supposed to do it online, which I tried to do...
Start answering the questions the other posters in this thread are asking you and less going on and on about the visa. Only then, can we get somewhere in this thread. If you want help, "sadguy", that's how we're going to go about it.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Yes but it's all about the visa. So my question is did anybody tried to check in online, put his visa info and then had to check in at the airport and put there visa info again, because it didn't work on the internet?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by alphaod
6) Have you had issues like this before? (Possible your name matches someone on a watchlist therefore you need a redress number)
I wonder about this one because one of the more common reasons for not being allowed to do OLCI is that your ticket has been randomly selected for (oh joy) secondary security screening and because steps for secondary screening were not followed your ticket and your person had to be removed before the flight could take off.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

I never had any issues. My only question is did the visa information get through to air berlin despite NOVALIDTICKETS error?
Old May 1, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: AC, A3*G AB-G
I never had any issues. My only question is did the visa information get through to air berlin despite NOVALIDTICKETS error?
As a few people have said, that error message can mean everything or nothing at all. Common sense would dictate that you should assume getting such an error that no information was recorded in any useful way.

I am still confused as to why you are so focused on the error message and not the bigger issue at hand. Is there something that you are intentionally leaving out of the discussion?
Old May 1, 2015, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Well Yes You're right that makes sense. I'm not leaving anything out it's just that I'm worried that there was some issue with my visa and that would be big problem obviously, the visa costed me alot of money and time... Air berlin didn't give me any concretes on as why I couldn't fly that day, so I'm trying to find some peace of mind that's all. I requested info from consulate so will learn one way or another.
Old May 2, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
The nearest U.S. consulate is the place to ask questions if you're unsure about your U.S. visa validity.
Most of the posters here probably can't understand why you're so worried about the transmission of your visa information. Not taking a flight is not yet a crime as far as I know
Old May 7, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
ive rarely seen such an odd thread.

How someone can have been on an airplane, ready to travel to the US- then force to get off, told "you cannot fly"...and then for the last two weeks does nopthing more than ask strangers on a website (and messages to a US consulate) about how the airberlin website works.

Astonishing.

TWO WEEKS!!!!!

The day AB took me off the plane, BEFORE I left the gate, I would have known why they refused transport.

Airberlin had a legal responsibility to fly you, or explain why they wouldn't- you seem to think YOU have a responsibility to determine without speaking to AB as to how and why this occured. It is almost beyond comprehension that you are trying to 'fix' this without ABs involvement.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 5:09 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AB Gold
Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
ive rarely seen such an odd thread.

How someone can have been on an airplane, ready to travel to the US- then force to get off, told "you cannot fly"...and then for the last two weeks does nopthing more than ask strangers on a website (and messages to a US consulate) about how the airberlin website works.

Astonishing.

TWO WEEKS!!!!!

The day AB took me off the plane, BEFORE I left the gate, I would have known why they refused transport.

Airberlin had a legal responsibility to fly you, or explain why they wouldn't- you seem to think YOU have a responsibility to determine without speaking to AB as to how and why this occured. It is almost beyond comprehension that you are trying to 'fix' this without ABs involvement.
I can only agree. I wonder if the "Sad Guy" ever made it to the US or landed in Guantanamo instead....and how many miles he earned for that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.