Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 11, 2016, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: miamiflyer8
UPDATE DEC 12th 2016
New conditions for retaining matched status with AB:

If you are a member of another Frequent Flyer Program, you can match your status and receive the topbonus status card for 12 months for free.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 10.000 status miles or 10 flight segments, in order to maintain your Silver Card until the 12th month.
Within 6 months, you are required to collect either 20.000 status miles or 25 flight segments, in order to maintain your Gold Card until the 12th month.
Print Wikipost

Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2015, 2:30 pm

more than 2 weeks still nothing
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
that's going to be interesting. as my loyality to BA hase gone, i'm looking to match my BA Silver to Aliatlia, and from there to TK and AB.

If i have to produce an account statement that's probably not good, as i only took flights on BA and IB this year, which are both OW. I even credited my couple of AB/HG flights last year to BA.

so are there any news on the account statement, is it really needed now?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:23 am

Hi there... so here is my recent experience:

Sent them an email with attached screen shots of my A3 card, account statement and proof that my card will be renewed for another year in november. Got an email back one minute later telling me it would take some time for them to consider and work through my stuff... ok so I waited 3 weeks and then decided to send another email, carefully asking whether my request had already been processed and that depending on it I would now book a couple of flights with airberlin or not. Around half an hour later I got a reply that my status match was accepted for one year... so they are still matching (btw I live in Germany so I have a german address)
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:33 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Well mine is really getting ridiculous...

I sent them the required extra documents on August 19 (screen shot of my TK account statement, copy of one of my flight on LX that was credited on TK and a screen shot of my AB account with my address showing that it's in Switzerland).

Here is the answer I got today, September 3rd:

Dear Mr Enelym1978,

thank you for your email.

We need an official confirmation like a copy of your registration card or an other official verification. Thess documents you get only if you live in Switzerland.

It is not enough to change the adress only in your topbonus profile.

Thank you for your support.

I actually gave up since I never got a reply... but I do have those official documents... just never thought they would go that far and ask for those... Any other resident of Switzerland who had to show all this???
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:26 am

I requested my status match (LH*G) on the 24/08, today I received the confirmation of the match, should get the gold card within 14 days. Resident in DE.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 6:23 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
So after sending that last document to prove my residential address, they finally matched my TK*G to AB*G....
Old Sep 21, 2015, 10:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
they are starting to strip off some status matchers who isnt based in CH/DE/A... mmh....
Old Sep 22, 2015, 3:45 am

what do you mean strip off? they're taking away their statuses? where'd you seen reports about that?
Old Sep 23, 2015, 2:57 pm

Seems like the match program is dead: http://www.airberlin.com/en-DE/site/...ode=TEE1&cat=2
Old Sep 25, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Data point: I got matched today after emailing AB about 10 or 11 days ago with a scan of my other card - no account statement or anything else.

I have a CH/DE/A address, but like Enelym1978, I do not have a "German-sounding" name. However, I wrote my request to AB in German instead of English. I was not asked for further ID.

Last edited by FlyingJoy; Sep 25, 2015 at 9:04 pm
Old Oct 6, 2015, 5:52 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold;Hilton S; Accor S; IHG G;BW Diamond ;HA Platinum;Delta GM;OW rubby;TK G
Status match

hello,
On October 4th I made a request of status match (Freccia Alata) and on October 6th I had a positive response for Top bonus Gold .
I simply sent an e-mail with the scan of my card FrecciaAlata.
Their answer is the following one:

" thank you for your status match request. You will receive your topbonus Gold Card in 14 days per post.
Please note that you will automatically receive a topbonus Classic Card (red) when you a part of a new enrolement for the topbonus Program, your new status card is available in a separate letter."

Can somebody explain me what they want to say, I do not understand the sentence?
Thank you
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Lougomi, you mean they didn't ask anything proving that you live in DE/CH?
Old Oct 6, 2015, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by lougomi
Can somebody explain me what they want to say, I do not understand the sentence?
Thank you
You will receive first a red card (no status) because you enrolled, then a second gold card (with status) because you have been matched.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold;Hilton S; Accor S; IHG G;BW Diamond ;HA Platinum;Delta GM;OW rubby;TK G
Status match

Originally Posted by Enthilza
Lougomi, you mean they didn't ask anything proving that you live in DE/CH?
Absolutely nothing asked, no proof of residence!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: UA*G, A3*G, DL PLT
Originally Posted by lougomi
Absolutely nothing asked, no proof of residence!
You registered German address?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.