Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Subscribe
I got the match today. So it's two weeks. I sent them an email on the first of July.
Quote: I was just denied a status match because it is limited to Germany, Switzerland, and Austria.
A new development?
Any workarounds?
Very strange, until recently atleast there has been no recidency requirment. One would assume they would want customers from countries they fly to but thats quite a change...
NO mention of any other clause except no matches to oneworld airlines on their official match page...

http://www.airberlin.com/site/landin...ode=TEE1&cat=2
Maybe I'll have to try that, no one had mentioned that before and I haven't gotten a denial yet, but I'll wait and see.
Quote: NO mention of any other clause except no matches to oneworld airlines on their official match page...

http://www.airberlin.com/site/landin...ode=TEE1&cat=2
This is the link AB sent when denying the match. The clause is on the last line...

http://www.airberlin.com/en/site/lan...otionCode=TEE4
Quote: This is the link AB sent when denying the match. The clause is on the last line...

http://www.airberlin.com/en/site/lan...otionCode=TEE4
I see, intresting development...
Quote: I got the match today. So it's two weeks. I sent them an email on the first of July.
2 questions:
What is your resident country?
Did you receive any correspondence during those 2 weeks?
deleted
Bummer
Datapoint - match successful
DL GM --> TopBonus Gold

Joined TopBonus 7/6
Requested match immediately 7/6
Match granted 7/20

as reported above, 2 weeks on the dot. After applying, I added a Frankfurt address as a business address to be safe (legit address). The confirm email says card to be mailed in 10-14 days - hoping to US address - will confirm here when arrives.

Now... logistics of using this benefit in Admirals Clubs in the US on AA/US itineraries:

If I am flying AA, and want to credit to my AA account, can I still use lounges in US? Do I just give them my Air Berlin TopBonus number at entry? Do I need the physical card? Do I need to credit to TopBonus, enter lounge, then switch to AAdvantage before flight?
I can confirm I finally got denied. With reason...

I'm not Austrian, German or Swiss (or did they mean membership not citizenship/resident?). In any case, I was bummed since it seemed others had gotten in, but it didn't really make sense to me being a Canadian resident to be able to get a match on them since I don't really have much in the way of opportunity to fly them. Oh well, no harm done, I'll just stick with being a nobody on the occasions when I fly AA
Quote: I can confirm I finally got denied. With reason...

I'm not Austrian, German or Swiss (or did they mean membership not citizenship/resident?). In any case, I was bummed since it seemed others had gotten in, but it didn't really make sense to me being a Canadian resident to be able to get a match on them since I don't really have much in the way of opportunity to fly them. Oh well, no harm done, I'll just stick with being a nobody on the occasions when I fly AA
Yeah, it's odd. They status matched the bottom feeders with an A3*G, but not an SE.
I emailed AB to get matched to my TK Gold and/or A3 Gold on July 8th. Got a reply via email on July 21st saying that this match offer is only for Swiss, German and Austrian residents...

Which I was aware of and I am a resident of Switzerland. I checked my account and it does have my Swiss address correctly entered... I even received my Classic card this week via post. But the person on the email said I was not Swiss.... ok my name is Asian but I'm a Swiss citizen... it would be too easy and ridiculous for their CS staff to assume even a slight tad that I'm not from CH, D or A just by looking at my name.

Anyway, I replied on July 21st and still waiting for them to write back....
Got a reply today, August 13 regarding my request....

Quote:
Dear Mr. Enelym1978,

thank you for your E-Mail and your Status Match request.

This offer is only available for German, Austrian and Swiss members. In this case please send us a confirmation / verification of your registration card where we can see, that you live in Switzerland.

Furthermore we need a Screenshot from your Miles & Smile Statement and one booking confirmation of one of the flights from your statement.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

Seems like they don't have access to my account/profile address?? That seems a bit odd... Fine with the screen print of my statement but what's this booking confirmation requirement? Am I the only one required to provide these?
Quote: Seems like they don't have access to my account/profile address?? That seems a bit odd... Fine with the screen print of my statement but what's this booking confirmation requirement? Am I the only one required to provide these?
They are asking for that since many people have recently signed up with a fake DACH address, got status matched, then changed their address to a foreign one and then requested a replacement card.

Booking confirmation requirement: Hm, interesting, 1st time I read this about AB, AC asks for a future booking confirmation with AC to be entitled for a status match.

I'm waiting for more than 2 weeks now on a reply from them about my initial status match request.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  15