Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin

Subscribe
I applied for a Status Match from South African Gold, but was denied.
AB makes sense if you fly with them (40% bonus, decent amount of miles for most booking classes) or when you travel within Australia from time to time /you have privileges - lounge access and excess baggage - with both QF (oneWorld) and VA (EY liaison)/ or when you need to use EY on top of your oneWorld travel /note: while in Y you will not get lounge access at all airports!/. Otherwise there are better programs (like AA), but they rarely do status match.
Quote: I notice the April matches are getting May 31 expiries. Does that mean that if I wait a few days, I'll get a card that expires at the end of June?
Sounds right. I was matched yesterday, and the expiry date is June 2016
Quote: Sounds right. I was matched yesterday, and the expiry date is June 2016
Same. At first I read 30/6/16 as May, but then I counted on my fingers

Now my next issue: AA isn't recognising my 9-digit AB number...
A friend of mine has a Platinum Credit Card from Swiss and got matched to topbonus Gold, don't understand why they would do something like that but good for him.
Got matched to Gold card without any trouble. Good experience.
Status Match - From Asiana Club Diamond
Hi Forum,

New member here. Seems like a great forum with plenty of information to learn. I understand that there's a specific thread on status matches, but I couldn't find specific information to help my situation.

I was an Asiana Club Diamond member for four years. This expired in November 2014. Yes, I realise this is a while ago now. However, I recently found out about Status matches. And was wondering would AB grant me an Elite tier status considering I was a Star Alliance Gold for four years?

I know it sounds funny, but I am a consultant and fly at least once a month and also enjoy taking numerous holidays across APAC. I am only realising now how much of a good thing having elite status really is and am building up elite miles with SQ's Kris Flyer program, which I am not too fond of after several disappointing experiences with them.

Has anybody been in the same situation as me and successfully received a status "match"?

Thank you
I'm pretty sure that a match will only be granted by showing a current elite membership card / account statement.

For housekeeping reasons I'll move this thread into the big statusmatch thread and leave an expiring redirect.

ralfkrippner,
forum moderator
merging this one into the big statusmatch thread and leaving an expiring redirect

ralfkrippner,
forum moderator
Any speculations on an estimated end of this status match offer?

I would like to match my A3*G, but with no OneWorld flights coming up in the next 12 months that would be rather useless.
I got my status match more than a year ago (if this helps to gauge) -- back then it was challenge based. Now people seem to get it without a challenge, too.
Does Air Berlin still status match to Etihad? And from the reports it is good for 12 months from the time of request correct?
Quote: Does Air Berlin still status match to Etihad? And from the reports it is good for 12 months from the time of request correct?
Yes they matched my EY Gold to AB Gold. Did it about 6 weeks ago and although the status is showing online I haven't received the physical card yet. I'm based in the UAE so blaming the slow postal service!
Quote: Yes they matched my EY Gold to AB Gold. Did it about 6 weeks ago and although the status is showing online I haven't received the physical card yet. I'm based in the UAE so blaming the slow postal service!
How long is the AB status valid for?
Will AB Gold Match to Etihad gold?

What are you all use the AB gold status for, assuming it is for other reasons than flying ON AB?