FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Get your status matched on oneworld with air berlin
Old May 7, 2015, 11:37 pm
ThatguyToo

Programs: KF, AC, SPG
Status Match - From Asiana Club Diamond

Hi Forum,

New member here. Seems like a great forum with plenty of information to learn. I understand that there's a specific thread on status matches, but I couldn't find specific information to help my situation.

I was an Asiana Club Diamond member for four years. This expired in November 2014. Yes, I realise this is a while ago now. However, I recently found out about Status matches. And was wondering would AB grant me an Elite tier status considering I was a Star Alliance Gold for four years?

I know it sounds funny, but I am a consultant and fly at least once a month and also enjoy taking numerous holidays across APAC. I am only realising now how much of a good thing having elite status really is and am building up elite miles with SQ's Kris Flyer program, which I am not too fond of after several disappointing experiences with them.

Has anybody been in the same situation as me and successfully received a status "match"?

Thank you