Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will AB status match?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 4:55 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by stargold
Surely the definition of success is not how many people take the 2 minutes it takes to send a two-line email with a photo of their card, but rather how many people end up flying on AB and maintaining the status?
I'm assuming that when he says it has been successful means that they have seen that a large amount of people who received a match have increased their business with AB.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: United 1k
That's correct.

Originally Posted by alphaod
Quote:

Originally Posted by MK19791980

I was just matched to platinum!

From UA 1K?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:41 am

Programs: A3*G AB Gold
Sent my request in last Thursday, got an e-mail this morning matching me from A3 Gold.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by benberg2013
I'm assuming that when he says it has been successful means that they have seen that a large amount of people who received a match have increased their business with AB.
If that is how he is measuring success (and, to be honest, that is the only measure that should matter), then it is still, perhaps, rather early to judge the campaign a success. None of the people recently matched can yet be said to have displayed a durable switch of loyalty to AB/oneworld/Etihad partners.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
If that is how he is measuring success (and, to be honest, that is the only measure that should matter), then it is still, perhaps, rather early to judge the campaign a success. None of the people recently matched can yet be said to have displayed a durable switch of loyalty to AB/oneworld/Etihad partners.
Indeed. But my reading of his post was that it was definitely the question of how many people were matched, not how much increased business AB is seeing from the matches.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:39 pm

Anyone care to comment how long it takes for other OW airlines to be able to see your OW Sapphire status after matching to AB Gold?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 1:12 am

It took 24 hours for QR to see my new AB match.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Light speed turnaround!

I just learned about status match, found my TK Gold card that expires today, sent an email to AB, in less than 5 minutes had a response email with approval to AB Gold, logged on AB, saw my updated status.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by benberg2013
If I am elite in an airline, I will keep it on the shortlist, and eventually will use them.

I was matched to Turkish, had never used them, eventually decided to use them since I was Gold. Liked the experience, and will be open to using them again in the future.

I foresee that I will now use AB.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I flat out asked for AB Platinum even though the site says they don't match to that level. Used my CA Platinum card; I actually waited for my new card before sending off the email (since my old one expires today), but turns out they don't care if it expires today?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Light speed turnaround!

I just learned about status match, found my TK Gold card that expires today, sent an email to AB, in less than 5 minutes had a response email with approval to AB Gold, logged on AB, saw my updated status.
You can now add AB gold to your FT profile!
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:07 am

Just got denied for TK match: "This offer is only available for German, Austrian and Swiss members. A Status Match with another oneworld® airline is not possible."

The reference to "oneworld" is weird, but I can't meet the other criteria anyway -- kind of disappointing.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by lkar
The reference to "oneworld" is weird, but I can't meet the other criteria anyway -- kind of disappointing.
Not at all. It is listing all possible reasons for a request to be denied.

And that's the most basic...status matches almost NEVER match from an alliance member's programme. It would cause ructions within the alliance if they did.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Not at all. It is listing all possible reasons for a request to be denied.

And that's the most basic...status matches almost NEVER match from an alliance member's programme. It would cause ructions within the alliance if they did.
I was commenting on the form letter nature of the denial, given that I didn't try to match to OW, not suggesting that AB should match OW flyers. It was purportedly a a personalized e-mail, but pretty clearly not, was my point. But, the more important part of the message is that TK apparently either no longer works or is iffy for non Swiss, Austrian or German members, and this may be a change or other reports having success with TK.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by lkar
I was commenting on the form letter nature of the denial, given that I didn't try to match to OW, not suggesting that AB should match OW flyers. It was purportedly a a personalized e-mail, but pretty clearly not, was my point. But, the more important part of the message is that TK apparently either no longer works or is iffy for non Swiss, Austrian or German members, and this may be a change or other reports having success with TK.
It is dissappointing they changed it just like that! Especially since the old status match page was still up. I know of a few who sent in for the match with the old information waited a month and then got denied with the new page... Not cool. AB should have honored their old terms to those who applied before AB changed them. That being said this just goes to show that if one hesitates one might miss out

Luckily for me it wasnt an isdue but for friends and family more so life is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.