Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chauffeur Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Chauffeur Service

So in the Ethiad forum, someone pointed out that my DUS-AUH on AB in J is eligible for Chauffeur service:

http://www.airberlin.com/site/landin...nenservice.php

According to the site, if you have AB status (I have gold):

Flight guests in Business Class who are also Status clients (holders of Gold, Silver and Platinum Status cards) can use the Chauffeur Service as often as they wish without restriction for transfers to and from the airport.

My routing includes TXL-DUS-AUH and AUH-MUC-TXL-CPH, with 8-23h 'transfers' in DUS, MUC and TXL. Does this mean they'll give me free rides to/from the airport at DUS, MUC and TXL?

If so, good deal ^
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:29 pm

No, even with status you only get the car with a stopover over 24hrs.

So in AUH, yes. Possibly in TXL on the outbound as well......
Old Nov 7, 2014, 2:19 am

hi,

has anyone used this service in case of award flights? According to the rules, it seems to me that this service is not available in case of such flights:

"The Chauffeur Service can also be used free of charge by topbonus members who have received an upgrade to Business Class via their airmiles."

"The Chauffeur Service is not available in conjunction with free flight tickets or upgrades from Economy to Business Class (with the exception of an airmiles upgrade)".

What is your experience?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, FB Gold, TK Gold
In response to no2chem, I would have thought the service would only apply at the departure and arrival points in Germany itself. The "advantage" of the status is that you get more than a standard business class ticket which limits you to 2 transfers per booking. So in theory it's possible to use it on departure/arrival on both legs. The exception is Abu Dhabi (no doubt it's far cheaper to provide) where it specifies you get it on stopovers too. My advice - phone Airberlin, they are surprisingly clued up and helpful I have found.

To Tropikey: Yes you can use it on a business award ticket. I used it myself 2 weeks ago. Takes 2 minutes to book by phoning them - it's a German number but they speak English on that line no problems
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by BushwoodCountryClub
To Tropikey: Yes you can use it on a business award ticket. I used it myself 2 weeks ago. Takes 2 minutes to book by phoning them - it's a German number but they speak English on that line no problems
Thank you very much ^
Old Nov 11, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I will be travelling J class EY award ticket from SIN-AUH(stopover)-CDG uing my TB miles, will I get Chauffeur Service for all of them or just at AUH?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.