Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Meridiana -> NIKI -> Lounge access?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

I just bought a ticket on Meridiana from MXP to VIE. This is a codeshare flying on NIKI metal - I will need to check in with the airline. My question is - as a OW sapphire, does this arrangement give me benefits - specifically lounge access?

*Oddly, the booking number I have for this flight works on neither airline's website. This feels like very, very murky territory.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by danielm
I just bought a ticket on Meridiana from MXP to VIE. This is a codeshare flying on NIKI metal - I will need to check in with the airline. My question is - as a OW sapphire, does this arrangement give me benefits - specifically lounge access?

*Oddly, the booking number I have for this flight works on neither airline's website. This feels like very, very murky territory.
If you have an IG ticket with an IG flight number you are out of luck. If on the ticket is reported the NIKI or Air Berlin flight number you have access to the lounge. Anyway this is a third party lounge (sala Monteverdi, one floor above the boarding gates A on South Satellite) and it is quite small and with a poor food selection, so even if you have access keep your expectations low.
Obviously the info reported above are valid until 25th october, because as you already know starting 26th october MXP will no longer be serviced by Air Berlin & NIKI and all the flights will move to LIN, where you can use the very nice BA lounge.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 2:29 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status

Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use lounges offered by oneworld airlines when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown (exceptions are noted below).

http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Great, thanks to both of you for the responses! I have a 10 hour layover at MXP so I was was hoping against all hope that I might get access...was worth a shot, anyhow!
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:34 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
if you fly 26 october or later, be aware that your flight leaves from LIN: In this case, I would check out the Duomo in the city center and have a nice walk in the city. I was there last week and temperatures were still very comfortable - but this of course depends which season your flight exactly is and how much luggage you have with you. LIN airport is very close to the city center, so for a 10 hours layover I would definitely not miss out the city center.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Just thought I'd update with the results. Turns out that, per the agent, AB's lounge program in MXP is not available to status-holders from non-AB programs. Aside from this, being on a meridiana ticket did not prevent me from getting whatever other OW benefits I could avail: basically just priority check in and being the first to board. Not that either of these were necessary but that's ok.

Thanks for the ideas gkl. I dedicated to stay in the airport because I had a lot of work to do and I used to transit Milan a lot...there's always more to see, but this time the 16 euro r/t ticket and the time didn't justify another trip to downtown (although, I've never been IN the Duomo - its always closed when I'm there.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.