Wiki Posts
Search

MUC-PUJ in Y questions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
MUC-PUJ in Y questions

Hi everyone, not a habitual visitor to the AB forum, so apologies about some of the questions being potentially basic. I did some level of research but still have a few questions.
For context, I am considering flying with my SO on the all-Y MUC-PUJ AB flight later in November. I am BA Gold (OWE).

1. Have the all-Y A330s flying this route been converted to new seats with individual IFE screens?
2. Is there a lounge at MUC that I can use prior to the flight?
3. What sort of food/beverage service should I expect? I assume there would be an open bar?
4. Seat assignment should be free for OWE but, XL seats may be a challenge? is that right?

Many thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:37 am

Programs: Topbonus, Miles&Bonus, Miles&Less
Originally Posted by marwanb
1. Have the all-Y A330s flying this route been converted to new seats with individual IFE screens?
Yes, all Y seats are equiped with personal IFE. The program is pretty good and diverse.
2. Is there a lounge at MUC that I can use prior to the flight?
Yes, as OWE you can enter the AB lounge called "Atlantic Lounge" or try and access the BA lounge with your BA OWE status.
3. What sort of food/beverage service should I expect? I assume there would be an open bar?
Where? In-flight or lounge?
In-flight, you get as much wine and beer as you like, just ask nicely. You will be served a full meal and a snack during flight.
In the lounge you will have the usual snack bar with some hot food and an open bar with a good selection of spirits, wine and beer.
4. Seat assignment should be free for OWE but, XL seats may be a challenge? is that right?
AB except for lounge access, AB generally ....s on OW status. AB does not recognize free seat assignments due to OW status and for XL seats you will ALWAYS have to pay and pre-book in advance.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 11:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
AB does allow for free seat assignment from OWE/OWS status. Just not XL. As for IFE, what's offered content-wise from MUC to PUJ will be exactly the same on your return whether you spend 1 week or 4 months in PUJ.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you both, very helpful!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.