Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Seating

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA lifetime Gold March 2010
Business Class Seating

I am getting confused on the seating map for the A332. We have a flight from ORD to TXL next year in business class. When I called AB the rep was very nice. I asked for two middle seats together DG or EF and was concerned my 6'5" husband might not have enough leg room when lying flat. She said our plane had a 2/4/2 seating- mentioned something about the middle seats would be blocked off (I asked her twice if this was our plane) and gave us 2C & 3A so we would have more room. The seat maps for bus class show 1/2/1 config. Is she misstaken or am I very confused??

Help please

Seaguru map shows all E&F seats with no armrest/divider like the D&G seat. Any particular benifit to E&F?

CT
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by California Traveler
I am getting confused on the seating map for the A332. We have a flight from ORD to TXL next year in business class. When I called AB the rep was very nice. I asked for two middle seats together DG or EF and was concerned my 6'5" husband might not have enough leg room when lying flat. She said our plane had a 2/4/2 seating- mentioned something about the middle seats would be blocked off (I asked her twice if this was our plane) and gave us 2C & 3A so we would have more room. The seat maps for bus class show 1/2/1 config. Is she misstaken or am I very confused??

Help please

Seaguru map shows all E&F seats with no armrest/divider like the D&G seat. Any particular benifit to E&F?

CT
E&F are 'honeymoon-seats'. You're actually very close to your seat-neighbor. They're mostly preferred by couples as there is no real divider, etc. (which also can be a disadvantage for some couples )

2C and 3A are not really next to each other as all seats are staggered. It's like having your own small cube.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Andie for your answer - do you - or anyone else - know what she was referring to on the 2/4/2 configuration for our plane?

Maybe I will call back and see if I get another service rep......

CT
Old Jul 17, 2014, 4:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Business Class Seating

2 4 2 is how is is staggered.

Two aisles. The window side of the aisle have two seats right next to window (and a narrow gap providing access to aisle) and two seats which open directly to the aisle.

The 4 are the seats between the aisles. Some face open directly to the aisle and the other (the honeymoon seats) have a narrow gap providing access to the aisle.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:38 am
Original Poster

The four in the middle is whats confusing me, how can there be 4 in the middle when the seat map shows two DG & EF, on the 332. And the business class videos/pictures on AB's website show 2 seats in the middle.

The other plane seat map shows 2/4/2 seats but those are not business lay flat seats.

CT
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:46 am

the reason she would say this is that the seatmap for some reason shows in the AB system as 2-4-2 with only the real seats available to select......
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Pacha
the reason she would say this is that the seatmap for some reason shows in the AB system as 2-4-2 with only the real seats available to select......
That is strange, but as long as we are not in a row of 4 sitting next to stangers.

CT
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:23 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
That is strange, but as long as we are not in a row of 4 sitting next to stangers.

CT
Since it is staggered, in reality, each row is a 1-2-1.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seawolf
Since it is staggered, in reality, each row is a 1-2-1.
Thank you Seawolf - thats what I wanted to hear - the reality of it

CT
Old Jul 19, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Thank you Seawolf - thats what I wanted to hear - the reality of it

CT

But remember - some of the 2's are close together (honeymoon seats). Some have quite a distance btw them.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: PC Plat, HH Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ri9JuQ85yg

Old Oct 5, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Business Class Seats

I still can't find a good picture that shows the DG seats that have the divider between them (not the honeymoon seats). I am traveling with a friend, and wondering if we can easily talk with that divider, or should one of us be across the aisle in a window seat? The divider looks quite high. We are currently in 2 DG.

Thank you!!!

Cathy
Old Oct 5, 2014, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by cat22
I still can't find a good picture that shows the DG seats that have the divider between them (not the honeymoon seats). I am traveling with a friend, and wondering if we can easily talk with that divider, or should one of us be across the aisle in a window seat? The divider looks quite high. We are currently in 2 DG.
Cathy,

With DG you are effectively on separate sides of the cabin - and will not be talking to, nor seeing each other without taking a little stroll.

The honeymoon seats are the choice to make if you guys are "best-ies" and want to be having a nice long conversation over the meal service without the rest of the cabin being included. Most amount of privacy for two people.

If you want to be able to have the occasion word with your friend, but a bit more personal space for sleeping you should probably go for either a CD or GH pairing - you will be staggered a bit across the aisle, but will be able to see and talk to each other.

The window seats are the most private for a solo traveler, but wouldn't help you at all in this case.

No perfect picture here of your situation, but may be useful:
http://www.airberlin.com/site/landin...lass_board.php

Safe travels,

LAirish
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Thank you! I will probably switch to H, and chat across the aisle.

Cathy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.