Search

Will AB match Flying Blue status?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2013, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Will AB match Flying Blue status?

Dear all,

I am a flying blue (AF/KL and Skyteam partners) gold member (levels there are Ivory=0, Silver=1, Gold=2, Plat=3; importantly for me Gold has lounge access). Next year I will relocate from Utrecht to Berlin, and I will change my flying pattern.

Do you think that AB will match my status, perhaps with a challenge? I would hope to get to topbonus' gold.
Old May 29, 2013, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
That is a very misleading thread title that you chose.

http://www.statusmatcher.com/Report.php?id=2762
http://www.statusmatcher.com/Report.php?id=2715
Old May 29, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
AB does status matches combined with a challenge, or at least used to do so last year.
You'll get the status matched for four months and need to fly 17000 status miles on them (or OW partners on status miles-earning fares) in those four months to keep it for gold.
More here. Call/write them and ask...
Old May 29, 2013, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Thanks!

and apologies for the misleading title
Old May 31, 2013, 3:37 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
I edited the thread title for clarification

ralfkrippner,
Old Jun 4, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr
Originally Posted by bhomburg
AB does status matches combined with a challenge, or at least used to do so last year.
You'll get the status matched for four months and need to fly 17000 status miles on them (or OW partners on status miles-earning fares) in those four months to keep it for gold.
More here. Call/write them and ask...
I recently got a gold FB to AB status match. It lasts 4 months and if you fly enough during that time you will get it extended. It is very generous and easy to get.

Send a copy of your FB card and an email requesting the match to [email protected]

Only do this as soon as you want to start flying as they do it very quickly.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:44 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AF/KL Gold, 1865 Voyager, Le Club Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mrtibbs1999
I recently got a gold FB to AB status match. It lasts 4 months and if you fly enough during that time you will get it extended. It is very generous and easy to get.

Send a copy of your FB card and an email requesting the match to [email protected]

Only do this as soon as you want to start flying as they do it very quickly.
+1

Took less than 12 hours for Topbonus to reply and for me to accept the status challenge.

17,000 status miles or 20 flights in 4 months to retain Topbonus Gold for a further 12 months.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:29 pm

Incredible how quick they are...applied this morning and just got the confirmation of the status challenge.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Are you allowed to get use of the OneWorld benefits e.g Lounge access, etc during those 4 months?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:47 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, AF/KL Gold, 1865 Voyager, Le Club Platinum, HHonors Gold
LH4116 yes you are, they say they will send you a card and luggage tag within 3 weeks of accepting the challenge.

They will also send you a paper letter outlining that you are a Gold Topbonus member if you need to use it before you receive your card.

The changing of your status on their website is also lightning quick!
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:11 am

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr
Originally Posted by LH4116
Are you allowed to get use of the OneWorld benefits e.g Lounge access, etc during those 4 months?
Full benefits of ow sapphire. What ever you do don't pay people on fiver to edit generic gold cards and sign up with a new ab account at a different address every 4 months, that'd be very naughty !
Old Mar 4, 2014, 6:25 am

If I am Delta Platinum, can I challenge for simply AB silver? I don't think I can make the gold challenge.
I will have 2 direct RT's each month on AB for the forseeable future.

Does this make sense for me to challenge? Does anyone know what the segment requirements for a silver challenge are?
Old Mar 5, 2014, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by johnm1019
If I am Delta Platinum, can I challenge for simply AB silver? I don't think I can make the gold challenge.
I will have 2 direct RT's each month on AB for the forseeable future.

Does this make sense for me to challenge? Does anyone know what the segment requirements for a silver challenge are?
I have recently requested status match from Silver (FT) Miles&More. Here is their response

"Enjoy the advantages of the topbonus Silver status for 5 months as a start, and the status will be extended for one more year if you collect 8.500 status miles or fly at least 8 times with airberlin or NIKI within this period. If you accumulate even 17.000 status miles or fly at least 20 times in the same period, you will get our topbonus Gold status for one year."

It looks like I am lucky they have give me 5 months to complete the challenge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.