Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best/Worst lounges on NZ network

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:44 am

Programs: QF Gold, NZ *G, TK Elite *G
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Anyone know if the new Lounge opened today?
Id be surprised if it did. Surely we would have heard about it somewhere if it had opened today.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:46 am

Programs: NZ*S plus various hotel programs
Originally Posted by pepsi1336
Id be surprised if it did. Surely we would have heard about it somewhere if it had opened today.
I'd have thought at least one regular would have been there, taken photos and posted them here if it happened today.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:41 am

Programs: NZ EP
I could help with photos....
But you'd be mightily disappointed, with shots of the tired ole beast. Furniture looking particularly shaggy this evening.

Word on the street is opening not until October now. Lovely staff murmured something about surrounding building works causing s few issues...I blame the project managers

Now, I just need someone to hold me back from the cheese and crackers... And the 'gluten free' rocky road.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.858 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

WLG Domestic pretty decent tonight. Beer count sadly a shadow of itself from 10 years ago.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:04 am

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by Gasfoodlodging
Word on the street is opening not until October now. Lovely staff murmured something about surrounding building works causing s few issues...I blame the project managers
Interesting - I had a meeting with some members of the Auckland Airport team last week where I did ask how the upgrade was going - they indicated that the work from the Airport's side is well & truly done, and it's just AirNZ dragging the chain now.

Given I was told 'August 25' by the lounge staff in late July, it will be a bummer if it's not open when I'm next going through Auckland in the middle of this month
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:25 am

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
Well, my next trip is 12 Sep, so I'll peg the 13th as the opening date :P
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: NZ*E
Originally Posted by Fast6
Well, my next trip is 12 Sep, so I'll peg the 13th as the opening date :P
I'm through there on the 11th and 16th.... So I'm picking it will be at least the 17th

Asked the 'premium team' tonight while talking to them about a seperate issue and they didn't have any insight on the lounge - not sure if that means anything though, she didn't seem to know it was being upgraded at all!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:17 am

Programs: NZ*G
Originally Posted by KiwiJC
Asked the 'premium team' tonight while talking to them about a seperate issue and they didn't have any insight on the lounge - not sure if that means anything though, she didn't seem to know it was being upgraded at all!
Yeah I asked last week, and while she knew the upgrade was happening, she said there was no formal announcement made to them and they had no idea when it would be opening.

The secrecy does seem a little unnecessary given the mention of the lounge in press releases etc.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: NZ*S, IHG D
This is the reply I got from social media team... nothing really new.

Hi Brad, we’re applying the finishing touches to our new lounge and we’ll be making an announcement on when it will be opening soon. Watch this space! ^NA
Like · Reply · August 28 at 2:49pm
I'm travelling out of AKL to LAX on Friday and was looking forward to the new lounge. Hope the current one isn't too much of a rugby scrum.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: NZ GOLD (*G), KLM FB S, QF S,
New lounges on there way

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...c-koru-lounges
Old Oct 12, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
So NZ have 13 lounges now (3 + 10 regional). I assume we're simply going to see the 1 new regional lounge in Wgtn as part of the terminal upgrade (and move to centralized screening). That's hardly "14 new lounges"
Old Oct 12, 2015, 10:31 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by sbiddle
So NZ have 13 lounges now (3 + 10 regional). I assume we're simply going to see the 1 new regional lounge in Wgtn as part of the terminal upgrade (and move to centralized screening). That's hardly "14 new lounges"
Do you actually expect these reporters to have any idea about anything they write? Or there to be someone to check what they have written makes sense?
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:57 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
Hi all,
I'm about to sample the Hamilton lounge tomorrow, after a day trip from WLG for work. There hasn't been much comment on it in this thread. Does it get as busy as the NSN one?

I WAS on the 3:25pm flight out - which has been cancelled, and I've been re-accommodated on the 4:25pm flight back to Wellington.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:42 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by HaaZe
Hi all,
I'm about to sample the Hamilton lounge tomorrow, after a day trip from WLG for work. There hasn't been much comment on it in this thread. Does it get as busy as the NSN one?

I WAS on the 3:25pm flight out - which has been cancelled, and I've been re-accommodated on the 4:25pm flight back to Wellington.
Yes it does get busy, sometimes it is better to just go out the door and hang out on the mezzanine lounges.
Oh do not forget to pay the departure levy when you get to the airport.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 4:33 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), QF S (OWR), UA 0.14MM
Best Australasia lounge: NZ Koru at CHC?!?

So according to NZ Herald this morning:
The airline was also named Australasia's Leading Airport Lounge for the Air New Zealand Lounge at Christchurch International Airport for the third year running.
Surely they mean the Domestic Koru lounge instead of the International one?

I must admit, CHC Domestic Koru is probably the nicest of the lot, but surely there are better lounges in Australasia? The new AKL International NZ for example? Or the new SYD International NZ?

Surprised the various Qantas' First lounges didn't make the cut. Then again, I am always sceptical about these "awards" and who actually judges them, let alone the judging criterias...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.