Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchase upgrade on check in ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by johnnyfive
They also offer last minute discounted cash upgrades at check-in/lounge if you ask. But these don't Issue you a new fare class, which means you dont earn extra points. So make sure to ask.
Interesting. Do you have any indication of the price?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: VA Silver, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by codyc1515
Interesting. Do you have any indication of the price?
From memory I got offered a price of $1000-$1200 from Y to BP
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints-Silver and Koru
So when you're in the lounge, can you just ask them there how much it would be to upgrade say from Economy to Premium Economy? Thats if your RU hasnt cleared. Thanks
Old May 3, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
Originally Posted by flyinggato
So when you're in the lounge, can you just ask them there how much it would be to upgrade say from Economy to Premium Economy? Thats if your RU hasnt cleared. Thanks
When I was checking in for AKL-HNL last week at the J/Elite check in desks, she pulled out a laminated chart which had the last minute upgrade prices.
Extra seat in Y was $99

Sky couch upgrade was $399 (we already had one) can't remember what the other things were.
Old May 3, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The extra seat is just Air NZ's Twin Seat (https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/buy-...at-at-check-in) which is something 99% of people don't seem to know about.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
I asked for a Twin Seat at LAX in January, having read about it here. The 3 Air NZ staff at the check-in counter had never heard of it, so I showed them the page on the Air NZ website. They phoned a supervisor who said that they don't offer Twin Seat from LAX.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
The website doesn't say that, but only a busy route such as LAX where loading are incredibly high the odds of being able to be moved so you can get a free seat (without having to also move other pax) is going to be pretty minimal.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: NZ Elite *G, QF Gold, Accor+ Diamond
That makes sense, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.